Frome Town 1 Cinderford Town 0 Perrott (45+2) Crowd: 176 Man of the Match: Matt Peters Frome Town made it thirteen league games undefeated for manager Darren Perrin as they kept a clean sheet for the fifth successive game and eventually ran out 1-0 winners over Cinderford Town in a match full of unconverted chances and a missed penalty. With Dafyyd Jones reporting sick, Tom Pass took over between the sticks, Craig Fullam returned to partner Jamie Cheeseman at the centre of defence, Greg Lake reverted to left back and Simeon Allison moved across to right back allowing Matt Peters to move into midfield. Luke Ballinger returned to the right wing from England Futsol duty and Mike Perrott moved up to partner Mark Salter as the twin strike force. Frome were slow out of the blocks, and in the first minute they very nearly went behind as a Cinderford forward cut in from the left wing and struck a low hard shot across the face of the Frome goal that hit the base of the far post and rebounded into play when it looked likely to end up in the back of the net. Frome responded, but again they were a little fortunate in the 4th minute as only a desperate Allison block tackle prevented Cinderford from taking the lead from very close range. However, as the game settled, Frome started to look more and more dangerous, and in the 10th minute a 20 yard Ballinger shot whistled inches past the far post after a Lake long throw caused problems for the Cinderford defence. This led to a period of intense Frome pressure, with Ballinger continously causing problems with his pace on the right wing and his ability to shoot from anywhere. Salter went close from a through ball in the 17th minute was was robbed by Ben John in the visitors goal at the last second. A 20 yard Ballinger shot skimmed the crossbar in the 20th minute and Peters produced a similar effort 5 minutes later. Cinderford survived the pressure and started to assert themselves with a period of possession in the Frome half, but once again Ballinger started causing mayhem on the right wing as his dangerous runs at the defence made him a marked man worthy of special attention from the defenders. Several free kicks were given for fouls on Ballinger within a few minutes, but the Cindeford defence coped with everything thrown at them. With 47 minutes on the clock, it seemed as if the half was destined to be goalless, but then Frome won two right wing corners in quick succession, the second of which led to a 20 yard Ballinger shot that was parried by the goalkeeper, but the ball fell sweetly to Perrott who volleyed home from 10 yards for his first goal for the Club. Scoring that late leaves no time for the opposition to reply, and sure enough the whistle blew within a few seconds of the restart. The second half started with plenty of effort but little pattern, and the first chance fell to Ballinger as a Lake cross from the left wing found him arriving unnoticed at the far post, but the shot was scuffed wide form 10 yards out. Frome seemed to have the ability to attack at will for the first 20 minutes, but the final ball always seemed to be not quite right for the forwards arriving in the box. Numerous corners were won during this period, and in the 67th minute, a right wing corner was handled by a Cinderford defender, leading to the award of a penalty. Salter took the penalty and the ball struck the inside of the base of the post and rebounded into play allowing Cinderford to clear their lines. The let off seemed to inspire Cinderford, and they entered their best spell of the match. Pass did well to deal with a free kick in the 75th minute, and one minute later a Salter shot from a through ball was well blocked by a defender. As the match wore on,  Frome still looked the more likely side to score, but as several runs and shots brought no reward, they started to look a little edgy waiting for the final whistle to blow.After a  Cinderford claim for a penalty was correctly refused in the 92nd minute, the good home crowd were glad to hear the final whistle and applauded the team off at the end. Matt Peters was chosen as Man of the Match by "Gerald Butland and Friends" (AKA The Crazy Gang) who sponsored the match. Frome Town Players Tom Pass Sim Allison Greg Lake Craig Fullam Jamie Cheeseman Matt Peters Alex Lapham Luke Ballinger Mark Salter Mike Perrott Ben Thomson Ricky Hulbert Dave Thompson Ashley Clarke Simon Millard Ianin Carr  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 Cinderford  Players Ben John Kevin Davies John Loci Dan Harrison Greg Lewis Jordan Branch Brad Andrews Craig Tait Chris Hartland Kyle Bassett Sam O’Sullivan Tom Davies Lee O’Connor Steve Peters Simon Heal x  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 Frome Town Management Darren Perrin Derek Graham Mike Clarke Shaun Baker Mike Kilgour   M A P K C Match Officials L Swabey M Edworthy J McLeod   R A A Zamaretto League Match Reports Abingdon (H) AFC Totton (A) Mangotsfield Utd (A) Thatcham Town (H) VTFC (A) North Leigh (H) Andover (A) Bracknell (A) AFC Hayes (H) Bridgwater (A) Cirencester (H) Andover (H) Bishops Cleeve (H) Windsor & Eton (A) Uxbridge (A) Yate Town (H) Hungerford Town (A) Cinderford Town (H) Gosport Borough (A) Bedfont Green (A) Paulton Rovers (H) AFC Hayes (A) Bracknell Town (H) Uxbridge (H) Cirencester (A) Taunton Town (A) Bridgwater (H) Windsor&Eton (H) Abingdon (A) AFC Totton (H) North Leigh (A) Thatcham Town (A) VTFC (H) Mangotsfield (H) Bedfont Green (H) Bishops Cleeve (A) Paulton Rovers (A) Cinderford (A) Hungerford Town (H) Taunton Town (H) Yate Town (A) Gosport Borough (H) FA Cup  Hamworthy (A) FA Trophy Chippenham (A) Red Insure Cup Clevedon Town (A) Som Prem Cup Weston s Mare (H) Bridgwater (H)