Frome Town 3 Uxbridge 1 Ballinger (37) Dennison (68) Cheeseman (70) Thomson 83 Crowd:143 Man of the Match: Luke Ballinger Frome Town extended their unbeaten league run under Darren Perrin to nineteen games as they completed the double over a very good Uxbridge side with a 3-1 victory. With the pitch looking slightly sticky after the rain of the day, and the downpour just before the match started, the match kicked off and Frome were the first to show in the 4th minute as a low Thomson cross from the left wing caused problems in the Uxbridge defence, and Thomson again caused problems with a surging run and shot that flew past the far post in the 8th minute. As the match settled, Uxbridge settled to their task and  Frome were lucky to survive in the 19th minute as Uxbridge's Howe thundered a dipping 25 yard left foot volley against the Frome cross bar, with Pass well beaten by the flight of the ball, but it bounced down harmlessly and was cleared by Cheeseman. Uxbridge again looked dangerous in the 26th minute as a left wing free kick caused problems in the Frome area, leading to an excellent point blank save from Pass to keep the scores level. As the half wore on, the game seemed to lack any real pattern, suffered from numerous niggling fouls and seemed in real need of a goal to lift it. This duly arrived in the 37th minute as Thomson made ground on the left wing and floated in a perfect cross that saw Ballinger gain two yards on his marker, jump several feet in tha air and nod the ball over the stranded visiting keeper Carl Dennison for a very well taken opening goal won in the air against much taller central defenders. The goal had the effect of lifting the Uxbridge side, and they had their best period of the half in the minutes leading up to half time, playing good attractive passing football played at pace. They very nearly equalised in the 44th minute as a period of Uxbridge pressure led to Pass pushing the ball around the post and just managing to claim the ball at the second attempt from the resulting corner. The first few minutes of the second half saw Frome cause problems as Salter Ballinger and Allison (who had replaced Hulbert at half time) combined several times to test the defence. However Uxbridge weathered the storm, started to play controlled football in the Frome half and should have equalise in the 62nd minute as an excellent right wing cross found the unmarked Mullans diving to head the ball in at the far post, but missing the goal by a whisker. The equaliser seemed to be coming however, and it duly arrived in the 68th minute as an Uxbridge free kick ten yards outside the Frome area was worked to Mark Dennison who hit a low 25 yard right foot shot unerringly into the corner of the net. The visitors' celebrations were very short lived, though, and one minute later, Frome again took the lead as a clever Peters free kick was dinked into the penalty area, allowing Cheeseman to rob the defender and roll the ball into the corner of the net for his first goal of the season. From this point on, Uxbridge really stepped up the pressure and played a lot of football in the Frome half, but they always had to be wary of the pace of Ballinger and Allison on the break. Uxbridge's Tunnell did well to get between Fullam and Cheeseman and bring a save from Pass in the 76th minute, but Frome went close again in the 80th minute as Allison outpaced a defender and chipped the ball in only for Ballinger to volley slightly over the bar. Ballinger turned provider in the 83rd minute with a great piece of play, as he picked up the ball just inside th Uxbridge half, pushed the ball past the defender, outpaced him easily, got to the dead ball line, cut back inside and rolled the perfect pass into the path of Thomson who stroked the ball into the corner of the net from 15 yards, for a truly classic goal to make the score 3-1. It was very nearly 4-1 to Frome on 90 minutes as Thomson did well on the left to play the ball to Allison who laid the ball into the path of Ballinger only for his goal bound shot to be headed off the line by a defender. All in all an excellent match against good opposition, and it showed that Frome can defend in depth and hit teams on the break with pace and accuracy. Luke Ballinger was chosen as Man of the Match and was presented with the award by Chris Lewis who had sponsored the match. Frome Town Players Tom Pass Mike Reaney Greg Lake Craig Fullam J Cheeseman Matt Peters Dave Thompson Luke Ballinger Mark Salter (75) Ricky Hulbert (45) Ben Thomson Ashley Clarke (75) Iain Carr Sim Allison (45) Steve Hunt Simon Millard  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 Uxbridge  Players Carl Dennison Gavin Brown Dave Thomas Dave Stevens Mark Dennison Wayne Carter Max Howell Degraph Johnson Lee Tunnell Ryan O’Toole Tommy Howe Mark Smith Jack Mullans x x x  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 Frome Town Management Darren Perrin Derek Graham Mike Clarke Shaun Baker Mike Kilgour   M A P K C Match Officials A Matthews E Bishop T Blanch   R A A Zamaretto League Match Reports Abingdon (H) AFC Totton (A) Mangotsfield Utd (A) Thatcham Town (H) VTFC (A) North Leigh (H) Andover (A) Bracknell (A) AFC Hayes (H) Bridgwater (A) Cirencester (H) Andover (H) Bishops Cleeve (H) Windsor & Eton (A) Uxbridge (A) Yate Town (H) Hungerford Town (A) Cinderford Town (H) Gosport Borough (A) Bedfont Green (A) Paulton Rovers (H) AFC Hayes (A) Bracknell Town (H) Uxbridge (H) Cirencester (A) Taunton Town (A) Bridgwater (H) Windsor&Eton (H) Abingdon (A) AFC Totton (H) North Leigh (A) Thatcham Town (A) VTFC (H) Mangotsfield (H) Bedfont Green (H) Bishops Cleeve (A) Paulton Rovers (A) Cinderford (A) Hungerford Town (H) Taunton Town (H) Yate Town (A) Gosport Borough (H) FA Cup  Hamworthy (A) FA Trophy Chippenham (A) Red Insure Cup Clevedon Town (A) Som Prem Cup Weston s Mare (H) Bridgwater (H) Match sponsor Chris Lewis presents Luke Ballinger with the MOM award. Luke Ballinger celebrates