Frome Town 1 Windsor & Eton 1 Ballinger  (27) Smith  (73) Crowd:240 Man of the Match: Jamie Cheeseman Frome Town became the first team this season not to lose to Windsor & Eton over the course of two games as they produced a "backs to the wall" second half performance to earn a very creditable 1-1 draw against the unbeaten league leaders. The match started with Frome taking the game to Windsor and most of the first fave minutes was spent in the visitor's half but as the game settled, the league leaders began to show their quality with concise passing football that won them three corners in quick succession around the 12 minute mark, but Frome defended all three with few problems. A dangerous right wing cross in the 20th minute led to Pass just managing to regain the ball at the second attempt, and Cheeseman produced a great last ditch tackle in the 22nd minute to thwart a left wing attack. Ben Thomson hobbled off in the 25th minute to be replaced by Reaney, which meant that Allison moved from right back to right wing, with Ballinger swapping sides to raid on the left wing. This had an an immediate effect as Ballinger won and took a left wing corner and as the ball was cleared, it was played back out to Ballinger who ran at the defence, cut back inside and unleashed a right foot shot that took a wicked deflection off of a defender and ended up in the back of the net, to give Frome a 1-0 advantage. Frome looked very good at this stage, and the game became very even, with neither side dominating. A curled free kick from Henry found the head of the diving Cheeseman in the 34th minute, bringing a save from Bullivant that the home supporters thought must have been very close to being over the goal line. The 38th minute brought a good raid from Ballinger and Salter that was denied by a good defensive tackle, and Peters produced a similarly good block tackle in the 44th minute to deny Windsor a shooting chance. However, as the seconds ticked away to half time, Frome suffered two strokes of misfortune with Ballinger starting to hobble after a tackle, and Craig Fullam picking up a really nasty facial injury after a clash of heads that required an ambulance to be called as became clear that he had probably sustained a fractured cheek bone. With Osman coming on at half time to replace Fullam  Frome began to play with three central defenders, Allison moved to left back (his third position of the game) and Osman played as a wide right back to nullify the threat from the left wing.  Ballinger never recovered from the knock he received at the end of the first half, and was replaced by new signing Pawley in the 59th minute, leaving Frome with no further substitutions available. The match settled into a tactical game, with Windsor having almost all of the possession and territory, Frome defending in depth with their 5 man defence, Perrott and Peters (both having outstanding games ) in central midfield and Hulbert and Salter running themselves into the ground as  a twin strike force. Every player tackled and harried, and although Windsor had almost all the ball, the plan was working as it took until the 72nd minute before Pass had to make his first real save of the match in the home goal. However, Windsor equalised in the 73rd minute as a left wing cross was played in low, neatly controlled by Smith who lost his marker for the first time and was able to play the ball cleanly round Pass and into the corner of the net to equalise. As the minutes ticked by, it always seemed that Windsor were the more likely to score, but the Frome defence worked well together and chances were few and far between, and as the match moved into injury time, it almost seemed as if Frome might snatch it at the death as they moved into the Windsor half looking for the half chance, but it wasn't to be and the match ended as very creditable draw. Jamie Cheeseman was chosen as Man of the Match for a towering performance at the centre of defence, and was presented with the tophy by members of Soccer Coaching UK who had sponsored the match. Frome Town Players Tom Pass Sim Allison Craig Fullam (45) Callum Henry J Cheeseman Matt Peters Mike Perrott Luke Ballinger (59) Mark Salter Ricky Hulbert Ben Thomson (25) Ben Osman (45) Mike Reaney (25) George Pawley (59) D Thompson Ashley Clarke  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 Windsor & Eton  Players Rob Bullivant Andy Fagan Ryan Parsons Ryan Wharton Steve Butler Scott Thomas Bruce Wilson Jake Parsons Gavin Smith Mike Chennells Dave Pearce M Richardson Adam Dickens Joe Chandriam Matt Mooney x  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 Frome Town Management Darren Perrin Derek Graham Mike Clarke Shaun Baker Mike Kilgour   M A P K C Match Officials M Derrin I Ignat A Salter   R A A Zamaretto League Match Reports Abingdon (H) AFC Totton (A) Mangotsfield Utd (A) Thatcham Town (H) VTFC (A) North Leigh (H) Andover (A) Bracknell (A) AFC Hayes (H) Bridgwater (A) Cirencester (H) Andover (H) Bishops Cleeve (H) Windsor & Eton (A) Uxbridge (A) Yate Town (H) Hungerford Town (A) Cinderford Town (H) Gosport Borough (A) Bedfont Green (A) Paulton Rovers (H) AFC Hayes (A) Bracknell Town (H) Uxbridge (H) Cirencester (A) Taunton Town (A) Bridgwater (H) Windsor&Eton (H) Abingdon (A) AFC Totton (H) North Leigh (A) Thatcham Town (A) VTFC (H) Mangotsfield (H) Bedfont Green (H) Bishops Cleeve (A) Paulton Rovers (A) Cinderford (A) Hungerford Town (H) Taunton Town (H) Yate Town (A) Gosport Borough (H) FA Cup  Hamworthy (A) FA Trophy Chippenham (A) Red Insure Cup Clevedon Town (A) Som Prem Cup Weston s Mare (H) Bridgwater (H) Jamie Cheeseman being presented with the Man of the Match award by John Curle and Jamie Malley of Soccer Coaching UK who sponsored the match. Jamie Cheeseman being presented with the Apricot Engraving Player of the Month award for January by Committe memeber Ivan Carver. Mascots with captains and officials before the match.