Match Reports Season 2010 / 11 Thursday December 30th 2010 Paulton Rovers Away Thursday Dec 30th 2010 Zamaretto Southern League Division 1 (SW) Paulton Rovers 1 Frome Town 1 Frome Town Scorers: Cheeseman (83) Paulton Scorers: Claridge (5) Crowd: 544 Entertainment Value: 4 Star Man: Josh Brigham Frome Town's run of eleven successive league victories was halted by Paulton Rovers in an intense local derby that grabbed the attention from start to finish, with Frome's captain Jamie Cheeseman grabbing a late equaliser, but then becoming the first Frome player to be red carded under Darren Perrin a few minutes later. With the match re-scheduled from Monday, the thaw had produced a well grassed pitch that looked very good considering the ravages of the last few weeks, a large crowd of 544 turned up to watch, and with a large contingent of vocal Frome supporters, the match promised much. As the match kicked off, Philips was immediately forced into action in the home goal as a low shot from Thomson forced a smart save, but after the first few minutes of sparring, Paulton took the lead in the 5th minute as a left wing cross was headed on by Jefferies allowing Claridge to make ground and score at the far post with a diving header, the Frome defence being conspicuous by their absence. As the match settled, Cheeseman went close in the 12th minute as he rose above everyone to head a Brigham cross over the bar from close range, but in general the match was very level, with Frome generally being more positive going forward, but failing to really trouble the Paulton rearguard. Chitty made a good save from a low Claridge shot in the 31st minute, and then Paulton hit a purple patch in the last 5 minutes of the half as they began to attack Frome from every angle.  Jeanne should have done better in the 40th minute as a gently lobbed through ball found him unmarked 5 yards from goal, but he volleyed the ball skywards, then a Claridge shot screamed past Chitty's  post a minute later. Chitty produced the save of the match to deny Claridge a minute later as a Paulton left wing attack carved the Frome defence open allowing the striker to shoot from 15 yards, and Loxton had the opportunity to score on the stroke of half time, but shot well wide. With the Frome supporters pleased to hear the half time whistle, Darren Perrin sprinted into the dressing rooms as he realised that a few words of wisdom were required, and Frome definitely looked more organised and resolute when the second half started. Toby Osman replaced Luke Ballinger at half time, and White started the proceedings with a shot after 15 seconds that thumped into Philips' chest, but as the half progressed, chances became few and far between with midfield battles becoming more and more intense and the referee's whistle and yellow card becoming more and more a factor in the match. Paulton's Loxton was booked for a late tackle on Perrott in the 53rd minute, and Perrott picked up a yellow in the 57th minute as he clashed with Marshall as they both went for a high ball. Frome's White was booked for a late challenge on Jefferies in the 68th minute and then Paulton's Barnes launched Toby Osman high into the air in the 75th minute and although the referee only produced a yellow card, you had the the impression that with a less lenient official, the match could well have been 9 a side by now. Chances in the second half were few and far between, and apart from a perfect Brigham right wing cross that allowed Perrott a far post header into Philip's hands, Frome never really looked like they were going to manage to find the equaliser, but they always seem to find the inspiration. The 83rd minute saw Thomson attack well on the left wing, and as he pulled the ball back from the deadball line, Brigham shot low from the edge of the box, the ball deflected to White, his shot was saved and Cheeseman slid in low with a perfect finish that saw the ball bury itself in the top corner of the net to provoke delirious celebrations. The last 10 minutes of the match saw Paulton take the game to Frome, and as Paulton prepared to take a left wing free kick in the 87th minute, the normal pushing and shoving in the penalty area turned into a melee and after the officials had calmed the situation, the referee showed Frome's Jamie Cheeseman a red card after consultation with the linesman. The last few minutes were very tense and as the final whistle blew, there were still differences of opinions being expressed across the pitch, but Frome can be pleased with a point that extends their unbeaten league run to twelve games. Josh Brigham was chosen as Frome's man of the match    Frome Town Paulton Rovers Officials Match Sponsor xxxxxx Walters O’Connor Price Burchill Allward Bird Young xxxxxx Match Ball xxxx Philips Walker Marshall Barnes D Cleverley Loxton Jefferies Lane Claridge Jeanne Lacey Mascots xxxxxx