Match Reports Season 2010 / 11 Wednesday March 23rd 2011 AFC Totton Home Wed 23rd March 2011 Zamaretto Southern League Division 1 (SW) Frome Town 0 AFC Totton 3 Frome Scorers: None AFC Totton Scorers: Davis (17), (32), Sherborne (73) Crowd: 358 Star Man: Luke Ballinger Frome Town's excellent nine match unbeaten league run came to an end as they were beaten 3-0 at home by an AFC Totton side who showed exactly why they are favourites for promotion with a very good, clinical performance. Manager Darren Perrin kept the same starting line that had obliterated North Leigh a few days before, but was able to include recent signing Steve Murray on the bench as well as Dean Evans who was returning from suspension. In front of a very good crowd of 358, and on a dry, still evening, the match kicked off and settled into a very fast pace right from the kick off, with both sides looking to attack. Frome went closest in the 8th minute as a Peters clearance was latched onto by Hulbert who turned his marker inside and out before unleashing a left foot shot that Porter did well to push round the post for a corner. As the corner was swung perfectly in by Thomson, Hulbert found himself unmarked on the far post, but his header just cleared the bar from six yards out. As the game flowed from end to end, Totton took the lead in the 17th minute as Davies received the ball with his back to goal then back heeled the ball past his marker, ran onto it with great pace and produced a rasping, swerving left foot shot from 15 yards that screamed into the net for an excellent solo goal. The goal stung Frome into action, and the next 10 minutes saw them hunt for an equaliser, with Ballinger starting to cause problems on the right wing, and in the 28th minute he chased a crossfield pass from Lake, got to the deadball line and produced a low cross that was pushed just past his own post by a defender. Davies again showed his class in the 30th minute as Totton were awarded a free kick in a central position just outside the Frome penalty, and although the wall did it's job, this time Davies produced a right foot shot that curled round the wall and into the net to give Totton a 2- 0 advantage. Frome had a chance in the 33rd minute as visiting keeper Porter dropped a high lofted free kick, but the defence reacted quickly, and although Thomson had a shooting chance, the ball refused to come down and the chance flew over the bar. The second half was a much slower affair than the first, with Totton seemingly content with their lead and inviting Frome to come at them, and the first 20 minutes of the half saw most of the match in the Totton half, but their defence looked solid and capable of defending their two goal advantage. Frome used all three substitutions by the 67th minute, with Murray, Lewis and Evans replacing Peters, Hulbert and Osman, and their first chance of a breakthrough came in the 70th minute as Thomson hit a hard low cross from the left wing with a slight deflection just taking it away from Murray who was racing to get the ball. Totton scored their third goal and effectively sealed the match in the 73rd minute as a throw in led to Sherborne getting to the deadball line, then cutting back inside and hitting a low left foot shot under Quelch for a well taken opportunist goal. The 76th minute saw Frome's Captain Jamie Cheeseman receive a second yellow for using an arm to punch the ball into the Totton net at a corner, and this dismissal effectively killed the game off as Totton were content with their lead and Frome struggled to make any impact with only 10 men. Luke Ballinger was chosen as Man of the Match by Travel Angels who had sponsored the match..      Frome Town AFC Totton Officials Mark Osman Tom Price Adam Tomasso Robert Flooks A Tranter P Byfield D Howard Grant Porter Aidan Lewis Michael Green Ian Richardson Jamie Whisken Nathan Campbell Carl Pettefer Stefan Brown Nat Sherborne Mike Charles Jon Davies Match Sponsors Travel Angels Ball Sponsor Zonkey Ltd