Match Reports Season 2010 / 11 Saturday August 14th 2010 Yate Town Away Saturday 14th August 2010 Zamaretto League Division 1 (SW) Yate Town 0 Frome Town 0 Entertainment Value 3 Star Man: Dean Evans (Frome) Frome Town and Yate Town played out their third 0-0 draw in their third meeting on the Southern League, but a much better second half display left Frome feeling a little unlucky that they had not come away from the match with all three points. On a lush, green pitch, in the teeming rain, Darren Perrin started new signing Dean Flockton ( ex Thatcham Town) alongside Jamie Cheeseman in the centre of the Frome defence, and the new season started at the customary fast pace. Frome were first to show as Hulbert beat the offside flag and his low cross allowed Minnis to pressure the defender at the near post for a corner. The 10th minute saw Chitty bring off a brilliant stop as he threw himself to his right to save from Lewis after a Cheeseman slip allowed the Yate striker a shooting opportunity from 15 yards. The match soon settled into a fast, competitive, even affair, with Frome's Evans picking up the first yellow card of the season in the 12th minute, then shooting over the bar from thirty yards a few minutes later. As the half progressed, Yate began to look the more dangerous of the two sides, but good Frome defending ensured that Chitty was able to deal easily with everything that came his way, and the the 34th minute saw controversy as Minnis chased a through ball into the area, Dempsey came out to meet him and dived at his feet, but the ball rolled clear and it certainly seemed as if Dempsey brought Minnis down, but nothing was given. With the half time team talk ringing in their ears, Frome started very brightly in a cloudburst, and an Allison chip into the box only just evaded Minnis as he lunged for the ball. Three minutes later and a cushioned header from Hulbert set up a shooting opportunity for Lapham from 12 yards, but the goalbound low shot did not quite have enough power and Dempsey was able to recover and just push the ball round the post for a corner. As the half progressed, it always seemed more likely that Frome would be the side to break the deadlock, as a procession of free kicks allowed Cheeseman and Flockton to cause problems in the Yate penalty area, but the attentions of the home defence meant that they could never quite produce the clean header on target that would be needed to beat Dempsey. The 81st minute saw Frome go very close as Minnis controlled the ball and laid it off to Evans who produced a crisp shot that was blocked by the Yate defence, allowing the ball to come out to Hulbert who hit the outside of the post from 15 yards. Yate's Tom Warren was shown a second yellow card just after this as he berated the referee for not spotting a possible handball by Minnis. Substitutions saw Ballinger replace Allison and Sibbeck replace Minnis, and the last 5 minutes saw desperate Yate defending as Frome searched for the winner. Sibbeck headed over a Hulbert cross in the 88th minute, Lapham shot into the arms of Dempsey in the 89th minute, Ballinger did well on the right in the 90th minute but his cross was just too high for Cheeseman, Evans did well on the left in the 91st minute, but his low cross just eluded the incoming forwards and Cheeseman won a corner in the 93rd minute, but the Yate goal survived and the points were shared. Dean Evans was chosen as Frome's Man of the Match. Frome Town Yate Town