Saturday August 20th 2011 Arlesey Town Home Saturday 20th August 2011 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Frome Town  2  Arlesey Town 2 Frome Scorers: Hulbert (23) & (80) Arlesey Scorers: Gray (29), Dillon (54) Crowd: 204 Star Man: Ricky Hulbert Entertainment Value: 4 In an entertaining  match that swung like a pendulum, Frome Town and Arlesey shared four goals and the points, with a result that was a fair reflection of the match. With newly promoted Arlesey having lost their first two matches of the season ( albeit to Totton and Leamington), and Frome having won their first two matches of the season, this match promised to be an interesting affair. Frome started brightly, as Kris Miller won a corner in the 2nd minute, and as the ball was sung across, Twain Plummer was only inches away from converting at the far post. Arlesey replied in the 10th minute as a diving header from a free kick was only just deflected for a corner. The 14th minute saw Chris Marsh leave three Frome defenders floundering in his wake as he cut in from the left, but then he unleashed a shot that flew straight into the body of Darren Chitty. Arlesey looked like they were starting to take control of the midfield after this, but then Frome took the lead against the run of play as Ricky Hulbert poked the ball home from 10 yards after Twain Plummer had flicked on a free kick from Dean Flockton. Arlesey equalised in the 29th minute as right wing corner led to Darren Chitty bravely saving twice in quick succession, but he was powerless to stop James Gray forcing the ball over the line from close range. This was Arlesey's first goal scored this season and also Frome's first conceded goal. Frome then had the better of the rest of the first half, with Miller bringing a good save from Hayward in the 32nd minute, and Josh Brigham unleashing a thunderbolt in the 34th minute (at the end of a move that he had started thirty seconds earlier), only for Hayward to push the ball away well for a corner. Hulbert and Plummer both had shots saved in the 35th minute, then Plummer just failed to get on the end of a Thomson free kick in the 41st minute. If Frome had looked sharp in the latter stages of the first half, the reverse was true for the first twenty minutes of the second half, and Arlesey made them pay in the 54th minute as a flowing move led to Chitty saving well from Dave Denney, but the ball was never cleared, it was worked back in from the left wing and Chris Dillon slotted home easily from 6 yards. Frome effectively made a triple substitution around the 66th minute with Luke Ballinger, Kyle Tooze and Shaun Bennison replacing Ben Thomson, Kris Miller and Twain Plummer, and the crowd started to sense that things were going to happen as the midfield started to get going and make things happen. A Tooze move on the left in the 69th minute almost found Ballinger at the far post, then the 70th minute saw Brigham hit a shot that just evaded the diving Bennison at the far post, and the crowd sensed an equaliser that duly arrived in the 80th minute as Hulbert hung in the air and produced a superb cushioned header to head home a Tooze left wing cross. Either side could have won the match in the last ten minutes, with Arlesey's Aston Goss hitting a screaming volley in the 86th minute that was bravely headed away by Mike Perrott, then Hulbert and Bennison combined well to set up Ballinger with a shooting chance that just evaded the far post, but no more goals came and the score was a fair reflection of the match. Representatives of Trojan Construction (who had sponsored the match) presented Ricky Hulbert with the Man of the Match award. Frome Town Arlesey Rich Hayward James Gray Dave Perpetuini Stuart Sinclair Derek Brown Ryan Frater Dave Denney Lee Allison Jason Blackett Chris Dillon Chris Marsh Liam McGovern Jordan Patrick Aston Goss Fabio Bufano Mark Osborn Officials R: M. Taylor A: P Knight A: C. Hubbard Sponsors Match: Trojan Construction Ball: Rodden Road Garage Mascots Frome Town Under 8s (Alfie, Clayton, Fin & Kai)