Saturday October 1st 2011 Basingstoke Town Home Saturday 1st October 2011   FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round   Frome Town 0 Basingstoke Town 0 Crowd: 300   Star Man: Dean Evans   Entertainment Value: 3   Though Frome Town toiled manfully in the unseasonable heat, they were unable to break down Conference South side Basingstoke Town, who seemed quite content to return to Hampshire with a replay booked for Tuesday night. The first half started slowly, with both sides looking comfortable and cancelling each other out in midfield. The 10th minute Frome striker Ricky Hulbert go down in pain holding his ankle as he seemed to be tripped in an off the ball incident, and Alex Lapham replaced him with Mike Perrott moving into the lone centre forward position.       As the half wore on, Frome probably had more possession and territory, but nothing really came of it, the only real chance falling to Matt Smith as he headed the ball past three defenders in the 25th minute, ran into the gap and brought a low save from Ashley Bayes in the visitor’s goal.   A Dean Evans right wing cross three minutes later led to a defender heading out from under his own bar, and the resulting corner saw Luke Ballinger hit a 20 yard left foot shot that just cleared the bar. Basingstoke's first real attack came in the 32nd minute as a free kick was headed over the Frome bar, and as the half drew to a close, they tended to spend more time in the Frome half, but were always frustrated by the Frome defence. The second half saw Frome attempting to attack on both wings, with Kyle Tooze being pro- active on the right and Luke Ballinger, then Ben Thomson making things happen on the left,  but with Basingstoke content just to defend with ten men across their box, shots were blocked, tackles were made and nothing came of the pressure until the 83rd minute when an Alex Lapham corner was flicked on and Shaun Benison stabbed at the ball from close range only for a defender to clear off the line.   Basingstoke started to look for the winner in the last few minutes and only a timely intervention by Dean Flockton saved the day for Frome, then Darren Chitty made his first real save of the match to deny Basingstoke the winner right at the final whistle. Not a classic FA Cup tie by any means, but Frome proved that they were capable of living with opponents from the play off positions in the league above, and the replay on Tuesday could prove interesting. Dean Evans was presented with the man of the match award by representatives of Chantry Fine Art who had sponsored the match..     .  Frome Town Basingstoke Ashley Bayes Nathan Smart Toby LIttle Rob Gradwell Jay Gasson Stuart Lake Wes Daly Shaun McAuley Tim Sills Delano Sam-Yorke David Pratt Jide Ogunbote Matt Wamer Simon Dunn Callum Eagle Wilson Gondure Alex Charlick Chay Morris Officials R: M. Radford A: B. Rogers A: D. Wilding Sponsors Match : Chantry Fine Art Ball : J. Alderman Ltd. Mascots xxx Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle