Saturday November 26th 2011 Chesham Town Home Saturday 26th November 2011 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Frome Town 0 Chesham Town 1 Frome Scorers: None Chesham Scorers:  Simon Thomas (49) Crowd: 206 Entertainment Value: 2 Star Man: Mark Cooper Frome Town will be glad to see the end of November as a well organized Chesham side frustrated all their efforts, and a single goal from Simon Thomas just after half time mean that the month had resulted in four league defeats and no points. Frome started brightly, and the 2nd minute saw Ricky Hulbert drive down the left and get a low cross into the box,  and then Ben Thomson curled an inviting free kick just past the far post, but Chesham were well organized and playing a high defensive line which resulted in numerous  offside decisions and chances that were  few and far between. Frome were winning plenty of corners early on, but failing to make anything of them, and it was only after the first half hour that Chesham actually started to make any real attempt to mount a serious attack.  Their first shot of the match flew well wide in the 37th minute, but then as  half time approached, Chesham started to venture forward and after Tom Evans just managed to clear a Chesham cross for a corner, Darren Chitty produced an amazing save to deny Thomas after the ball had been flicked on at the near post. It began to become worrying that Chesham corners seemed to have a knack of finding the head of a Chesham attacker, while Frome free kicks and corners always seemed to find the head of a Chesham defender, and although the score at half time was 0-0, the home crowd felt a little uneasy over their cups of tea. As they had feared,  Chesham took the lead in the 49th minute as a right wing free kick was flicked on, Thomas found himself unmarked in the area and a deft (possibly fortunate) touch took the ball over Chitty and into the goal. Frome were always trying to make something happen, but time after time, the Chesham defence broke the attack down with ease, and moves started in midfield normally petered out as the Chesham defence dealt with everything that came their way. The 65th minute saw Ben Thomson flick on a Tom Evans free kick into the arms of Shane Gore, and new loan signing Jake Harris went close with his first touch as he attacked the dead ball line and crossed invitingly across the goalmouth, but on the whole, Chesham looked stronger as the game went on and the moment of inspiration that the Frome faithful were looking for never looked like arriving. Darren Chitty was brought into action several times as the match approached full time, but Frome's only real chance of the second half came in the 87th minute as  a corner was flicked on and Dean Flockton completely missed his kick from 12 yards out. Mark Cooper was chosen as man of the match by Graham Barnes who had sponsored the match, and the home crowd looked forward to December.       Frome Town Chesham Town Shane Gore Anthony Watson Danny Gudgeon Mark Lambert Robert Bartley Scott Thomas Dave Fotheringham Steve Wales James Potton Simon Thomas Bruce Wilson Leon Archer Lewis Rolfe Chris Watters Brad Wadkins Adam Parker   Officials R: Dave Ricketts A: Martin Tudor A: Stev Oakey Match Sponsor Graham Barnes Ball Sponsor xxxxxxxx Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle