Saturday  October 15th 2011 St Albans Away Saturday 15th October 2011 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier St. Albans 2 Frome Town 1 Frome Scorers: Ballinger (90+5) St Albans Scorers: Bakore (45, 45+1) Crowd:303 Entertainment Value:3 Star Man: Ryan Bennett Two goals within a minute just before half time from St.Albans’ Sakho Bakore were just enough to take all three points from Frome Town, despite a spirited last fifteen minutes that saw Luke Ballinger score a consolation goal in the 5th minute of added time. The 18th minute saw a shot from  Ryan Watts just hacked off the line by Tom Evans after the winger had evaded several challenges, and two minutes later Mike Perrott slipped great ball to Shaun Benison who was clean through but Nick Jupp reacted well to block at his feet. Shortly after, Jerome Walker was hauled down right on the edge of the Frome area and  Ryan Watts squared the  free kick to David Ijoho, whose shot was blocked by Kris Miller. Miller was again involved in the 40th minute as he acrobatically produced an overhead kick as a Josh Brigham throw was headed out by the defenders, but the effort went just wide. Darren Chitty did well to save a 25 yard effort from Ijoho in the 43rd minute,but two minutes later Bakore picked up the ball, twisted and turned  on the right side of the area and hit a low shot into the right corner of the goal to give the hosts a 1-0 lead.  Straight from the kick off he doubled his tally as Watts skipped past a tackle by Brigham and his left wing cross was headed home by Bakore to give the home side a big psychological advantage at half time. The second half saw Dean Evans smash a shot over the bar in the 50th minute as he was set up by Ben Thomson, and then Bension headed the ball wide from close range 5 minutes later. Dean Evans turned defender in the 60th as his crunching tackle on Ijoho saved the day, and then Chitty had to be alert to tip over a long range shot from Danny Hart that was heading for the top corner. St Albans brought on 42 year old Chelsea legend Paul Furlong in the 70th minute, and he went very close to scoring three minutes later but just managed to put the ball wide as he stretched for a cross. A great Tom Evans block tackle on Jerome Walker just saved the day in the 73rd minute, and then an excellent Frome attack saw a Dean Evans right wing cross that led to a blocked shot with Ballinger going to ground as attacked the loose ball, but no penalty was given. A Tom Evans cross in the 80th minute deceived everyone and hit the far post before rebounding to safety, and seven minutes later, more Frome pressure led to a Mike Perrott header being cleared off the line. Frome were really applying the pressure now, and a Thomson cross in the 92nd minute was flapped at by Jupp, and as the corner came in, it wasn’t cleared and the ball hit the home post before being hacked clear. A Perrott header was just tipped over a minute later, and then Frome finally got a consolation goal in the 5th minute of injury time as Ballinger won a free kick on the left hand side of the area and curled the ball over the wall and into the net to make the final score 2-1 to St Albans. Ryan Bennett was awarded the man of the match award.   Frome Town St Albans Nick Jupp Reece Yorke Keosletslie Nythe David Ijoho, Matt Clutchley Ryan Moran Danny Hart Barrie Matthews Sakho Bakore Jerome Walker Ryan Watts Sean Shields Paul Furlong Tobi Jnadu Nathan Hasley Will Viner Officials R: xxxxx A: xxxxx A: xxxxx