Saturday  April 28th  2012 Stourbridge Home Saturday 28th April 2012 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Frome Town 1 Stourbridge 1 Frome Scorers: Cooper (74) Stourbridge Scorers: Geddes (41p) Crowd: 504 Entertainment Value: 5 Star Man: Darren Chitty A  first ever Frome goal from left back Mark Cooper gave Frome a point in a highly entertaining  1-1 draw against a Stourbridge side that were desperate for a large away victory to boost their chances of getting into the play off positions. In front of a large, enthusiastic crowd, the match started at a frantic pace and both defences had to be on their toes to survive.  Only several last ditch tackles from Frome defenders saved the day in the 8th minute and a Stourbridge shooting chance went high and wide a few minutes later. Lewis Solly was brought into action in the 23rd minute as Sean Bennison nodded the ball down for Dean Evans to shoot low, but Stourbridge counter attacked immediately and  Josh Brigham only just cleared off his own line to save the day. With Evans getting underneath a Chris Allen corner in the 26th minute, Matt Smith hitting a low shot that Solly got down well to in the 33rd, Evans managing to find space to turn and volley a Brigham throw over the bar in the 37th, it began to look as if Frome might be scoring at the new stand end for the first time. However, it wasn’t to be and a few minutes later Ryan Bennet was adjudged to have handled the ball inside the Frome area as he tussled with an attcker, and Sean Geddes stepped up score from the spot, though Chitty guessed correctly and very nearly managed to stop the ball going into the net. The second half started with a big Frome appeal for a penalty as a left wing free kick was swung in and appeared to hit a defender on the arm, but nothing was given and Frome again went very close as Evans met an inviting Brigham cross but again managed to get under the ball and it flew over the cross bar. Cheered on by a large band of vocal travelling supporters, Stourbridge now started to get control of the match and the Frome defence started a rear-guard action that was to last for the rest of the match. Chitty showed his class by making numerous saves, and every one of the Frome defenders made crucial interceptions or brave blocking tackles as Stourbridge really turned the screw and went looking for the goals that might prove crucial in the final analysis. Frome’s eqaliser came against the run of play as the 72nd minute saw Chitty save well from Ben Billingham, then he immediately launched a counter attack that ended with Mark Cooper curling a 15 yard shot into the far corner of the net after a perfect through ball from Chris Allen. Stourbridge now re-doubled their efforts, and Dean Flockton, Mike Reaney, Ryan Bennett and Mark Cooper were all outstanding at the back, with Josh Brigham now given license to move up and support the front men. When it looked as if it might be too late for Stourbridge, the 93rd minute saw a phenomenal save from Chitty deny them a winner that could make a big difference to their season, but the  Frome rearguard action held firm ( as it has done many times this season) and both teams were applauded from the pitch at the end of a long, hard season. Darren Chitty was awarded the Man of the Match award by “The Ultras” after a brilliant display of goalkeeping which capped a superb season for Frome between the sticks. Frome Town Stourbridge Lewis Solly Drew Canavan Jamie Oliver Paul McCone Sean Geddes Nathan Bennett Sam Smith Leon Broadhurst Marcus Palmer Ben Billingham Aaron Griffiths James Dyson Paul Lloyd Sean Evans Adam Ward Aaron Drake Officials R Abrams M Halford R Cockle Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle Match Sponsor The Ultras Ball Sponsor George Bishops