Monday  April 9th  2012 Weymouth Away Monday April 9th 2012 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Weymouth 0 Frome Town 3 Frome Scorers: D.Evans (65), Gerring (og 82), Matthews (89) Weymouth Scorers: None Crowd: 721 Star Man: Chris Allen Entertainment Value: 4 Frome Town produced a superb away performance as they won 3-0 at Weymouth in front of the league’s largest crowd of the day of 721 and by doing so they virtually guaranteed that they will remain in the Southern Premier next season. Darren Perrin welcomed back both Mike Perrott and Tom Evans from suspension and apart from long term injuries to Jamie Cheeseman and Ben Thomson, had a full squad to choose from,with Mike Reaney passing a late fitness test just before the game. Prior to the match, a presentation was made on the pitch as Weymouth signed the entire Club over to a Community Trust to attempt to ensure the long term survival of the Club after several years of financial problems. With the pitch not looking in the best condition after heavy overnight rain, the match kicked off with Frome kicking towards the Qwikfast stand, and they were the first to show as home keeper Alex Hards only just managed to deal with a Matt Smith cross at the second attempt. Frome continued to make the early running, and a long Tom Evans throw was flicked on by Smith to Ballinger, but his shot from 10 yards out went well wide of the goal. The 22nd minute saw Smith fall under challenge in the Weymouth area, but nothing was given, and a few minutes later a late tackle on the same player saw both teams come together in a melee, with a Weymouth defender picking up a yellow card for his troubles. Weymouth’s first serious attack of the half in the 32nd minute saw an excellent tackle by Mark Cooper just deny Craig Duff a certain goal, and the home side were unlucky two minutes later as Stephen Reed sent a 30 yard dipping volley just wide of the Frome goal, but with no other incidents, the half time whistle arrived with score at 0-0. The second half saw Frome looking the better side, and Dean Evans was bundled over on the edge of the box in the 56th minute, but the free kick was driven straight against the defensive wall. Evans was again involved a few minutes later as a Chris Allen free kick was spilled by Hards but the unmarked Frome striker managed to put the ball wide from close range. Frome’s opening goal arrived in the 65th minute as Hards failed to get any distance on a goal kick, Dean Evans pounced and produced a superb 30 yard lob that sailed over the head of the stranded keeper who could only watch in dismay as it flew into the net. Frome virtually made certain of the three points when Weymouth defender Ben Gerring got his head to a Frome corner but only succeeded in heading the ball into his own net off the underside of the crossbar, and the points were made fully safe 7 minutes later as substitute Lloyd Matthews won a race to the ball with Hards and was able to poke the ball under the keeper and into the net. Mike Perrott very nearly rubbed salt into the wounds in the 91st minute as he raced clean through the Weymouth defence, only being denied right at the last moment by a desperate challenge. Chris Allen was chosen as Frome’s man of the match and the attention now turns to the home match against Bedford Town which could well make certain of Premier football for next season.       Frome Town Leamington Alex Hards Ashley Wells Scott Dixon Byron Napper Ben Gerring Rhys Baggridge Craig Duff Ollie Tribe Jamie Beasley Matt Ford Stephen Reed Alex Jeannin Tom Manley Matt Groves Charlie Holland Brendon King Officials C Wade B Cobb J Rake Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle Match Sponsor xxxxx Ball Sponsor xxxxxx