Monday December 26th  2011 Weymouth Home Monday 26th December 2011 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Frome Town 0 Weymouth 0 Crowd:  535 Entertainment Value: 4 Star Man: Darren Chitty Frome Town produced a gritty, battling second half performance to deny Weymouth a winner after defender Josh Brigham was sent off three minutes after the break, in what turned out to be the defining moment of the match. In front of a large festive crowd, the match started slowly and in general both sides cancelled each other out for long periods and the match never really took on a defined pattern. Ben Thomson produced a left wing cross in the 18th minute that Tom Manley could only parry out, but then Mike Perrott's shot on goal from 12 yards was blocked by defenders and the chance went. The Frome defence had to be alert as Weymouth carved out their first real chance in the 27th minute, but the move ended with Scott Dixon blasting the ball well over the bar from distance. Dean Evans and Mike Perrott combined well in the 36th minute to set Ricky Hulbert up with a shooting chance, but the mishit shot looped up in the air and eventually landed on the roof of the net. Frome seemed to get stronger as half time loomed, and four minutes later Hulbert produced a diving header to meet a  Thomson cross that just skimmed the bar, and then Alex Lapham brought a low save from Tom Manley on the stroke of half time as Frome definitely finished the half on the front foot. The third minute of the second half saw drama as Dean Flockton upended a Weymouth forward in the box resulting in a penalty. Warren Byerley took the kick, and for the second match in succession, Darren Chitty threw himself to his right to parry the ball, only for Brigham to receive a straight red card as he took down Byerley who was about to drive the rebound home. As the dust settled, Byerley took the second penalty only to see it go well past the post. Frome brought on a defender and took off a forward and the rest of the half saw them resolutely defending their own half, with Weymouth starting to stroke the ball around and enjoy much of the possession. However, Frome looked solid at the back and on the rare occasion that they went forward, it was always in numbers and they could well have improbably taken all three points in the last minute as Luke Ballinger beat his marker, got to the dead ball line and crossed perfectly, only for Dean Evans to head just over the bar.  The match ended both sets of supporters applauding the teams for a match that probably just about produced the right result, though it could easily have gone either way. Darren Chitty received the man of the match award from Kevin Corcoran carpets for a very solid performance at the heart of the defence and for yet another outstanding penalty save.    Frome Town Weymouth Tom Manley Byron Napper Scott Dixon James Coutts Ben Gerring Sam Poole Craig Duff Sam Malsom Matt Groves Warren Byerley Stephen Reed Ollie Tribe Lewis Tasker Ryan McKechnie James Beasley Nick Jordan Officials R: R Wild A: D McEllin A: J Madaras Match Sponsor Kevin Corcoran Carpets Ball Sponsor AM Print and Copy Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle