Tuesday November 22nd 2011 Yate Town Away Tuesday 22nd November 2011 Red Insure Cup 2nd Round Yate Town 2  Frome Town 6 Frome Scorers: D.Evans (10), (43), Ballinger (45),(56), Bennett (84), Hulbert (87) Yate Town Scorers: Reaney (20 o.g), Plummer (79) Crowd: 80 Entertainment Value:4 Star Man: Ben Thomson  After three very tough league matches in the previous ten days,  Frome Town bounced back in fine form as they scored six goals against struggling Yate Town who are currently equal bottom of the South West division of the Southern League. The scoreline was somewhat unexpected as the previous four encounters between the two sides had resulted in precisely zero goals. With left back Mark Cooper making a return to the side, the match kicked off on a clear, still evening and Frome went close in the 6th minute as a Luke Ballinger long range free kick bounced just in front of and was spilled by Josh Dempsey and Kyle Tooze very nearly poked the ball home from close range. The first goal arrived in the 10th minute as Ben Thomson chased and harried and started a period of pressure that ended with a right wing cross from Alex Lapham that picked out the unmarked Dean Evans who scored with a low, crisp volley from 8 yards out. For a few minutes, Frome were all over Yate, but then a sweeping passing move allowed the dangerous Warren to shoot past the far post, and as the match became more equal, Yate equalised in the 20th minute as a low right wing cross came across the box, only for Mike Reaney to turn the ball into his own net as he attempted to slide the ball out for a corner. Darren Chitty had to be alert in the 22nd minute to push a left foot screamer from Mackie over the bar, but then Tooze picked up the ball from the corner and ran almost the length of the pitch, just failing to get a shot in at the end. Frome went 2-1 up in the 43rd minute as Thomson again did well on the left and pulled the ball back low for Dean Evans to shoot low and hard into the corner of the net from just outside the Yate penalty area.  Two minutes later and Frome made it 3-1 as Hulbert and Tooze combined to force a defender into conceding a corner. Lapham swung the ball over, Thomson flicked on at the near post and the unmarked Ballinger gleefully hammered the ball into the net from close range to give Frome a very comfortable lead at half time.   The 56th minute saw Tooze set Hulbert free on goal, and as he dinked the ball over Dempsey, a defender just managed to get back to put the ball out for a corner. Lapham again took it and delivered it perfectly onto the head of Ballinger who headed cleanly home from 10 yards out to make the score 4-1. The 79th minute saw Yate pull one back as a right wing cross was not dealt with and substitute Plummer slid in to score from close range, but then Ryan Bennett restored the three goal cushion and made it 5-2 as he crisply volleyed home a left wing corner from 12 yards out. Possibly the best goal of the night came as the rejuvenated Thomson cut in from the left wing and produced a perfect right cross that allowed Hulbert to hang in the air and power home the header from 6 yards out to make it 6-2 and a very satisfying night for Frome.     Frome Town Yate Town Dempsey Warren Mings Nichols Thomas Cousins Mackie Vahid Church Huxley Cox Plummer   Officials R: xxxxxx A: xxxxxx A: xxxxxx Match Sponsor xxxxxxx Ball Sponsor xxxxxxxx Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle