Saturday November 17th 2012 Chesham Utd Home   Saturday 17th November 2012 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Frome Town 0 Chesham Utd 0 Frome Scorers: None Chesham Scorers: None Crowd: 188 Star Man: Darren Jefferies Entertainment Value: 4 Two inspired goal line clearances ensured that this match remained goalless, and with Frome the better side in the first half and Chesham probably just shading the second, at the end of the day, a draw was the fairest result. Frome started the game well, with Ben Wood twice getting balls in from the left wing onto MIke Perrott’s head in the first quarter, and after twenty minutes, Frome were making all the running with Chesham not really showing any attacking intent. It took thirty minutes before a couple of long range Chesham shots cleared the Frome bar, and then Frome had a half chance as a dipping right wing corner saw centre back Matt Smith stab the ball over the bar in a crowded area. Frome’s big chance arrived in the 34th minute as Lewis Powell and Dave Gilroy interplay produced  a chance for the latter, and as he turned and shot wide of Shane Gore, the ball was destined for the back of the net until a Chesham defender slid in and just managed to keep the ball out. The home side claimed the goal, but the linesman was in a good position and no  goal  was given. Frome had a chance on the stroke of half time, but as Gore saved well from Gilroy, the offside flag was already up and the goal would not have counted. The second half saw Frome still attacking in numbers, and an attack in the 55th minute saw a Wood shot deflect onto defender Andrew Fagan’s arm, but the referee ruled that it was “ball to hand” and no penalty was given. Chesham had their first real chance of the match in the 63rd minute as Bruce Wilson turned and volleyed over the bar, but then Frome came straight back and Powell was just denied by a last ditch tackle as he shaped to shoot after a good individual run. Chesham made two substitutions in the 65th minute, bringing on 38 year old Scott McGleish (who was playing for Bristol Rovers last season) and he showed his class in the 67th minute as he turned and let fly from 25 yards straight into the chest of Ollie Chenoweth in the home goal. Chesham looked much more dangerous on the break in this half, and they looked to have scored in the 70th as a corner led to a shot through a crowd of legs that looked sure to finish up in the net until a Frome foot just cleared it off the line.  A nail biting  last twenty minutes saw both sides going all out for the winner, but the defences always seemed to just have the upper hand, and many a promising attack from Frome just faltered on the edge of the Chesham area, with Chesham always looking quick and dangerous on the break. Alex Lapham made a welcome return to the side after injury as he came on in the 84th minute, and his free kick was the last significant move of the match, which unfortunately ended with a Chesham defender seeming to injure his arm on the pitch side barrier.  The “H&B Tyres Man of the Match” award was awarded to Darren Jefferies for a lot of good work in the Frome midfield.     Frome Town Chesham Officials A Penwell M Veater A Fricker Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle Match Sponsor Frome Town Suuporters Club Ball Sponsor Ivan Carver Shane Gore Scott Thomas Lewis Rolfe Matt Bevans Andrew Fagan James Potton Dave Fotheringham Chris Watters Mike Chennels Simon Thomas Bruce Wilson Scott McGleish Sam Barker Martel Dower Toby Little Milton Elenge