Saturday  August  25th  2012 St Albans Away Saturday 25th August 2012 Evo-Stik Southern Premier League St Albans 4  Frome Town 0 Frome Scorers: None St Albans Scorers: Graham (1), Hayles (7), Toomey (27), Shields (65) Crowd: 336 Star Man: Dean Evans Entertainment Value: 2 A poor first half saw Frome Town trailing by three goals at half time, and despite a better second half, St Albans were well worth their 4-0 victory on the day. Frome travelled to St Albans without the services of Ben Wood, Mike Reaney, Mike Perrott, Tom Evans (all injured), and with Lewis Powell and Alex Lapham taking their places on the subs bench, it’s pssible that they were also carrying knocks after the midweek defeat at Bashley. On a day that alternated between bright sunshine and torrential thunderstorms, Frome got off to the worst possible start as a ball deep into the Frome area allowed the unmarked Richard Graham to rise and head the ball back across the goal and into the far corner.  As St Albans dominated possession and displayed more hunger for the ball, the second arrived in the 7th minute as a simple cross into the box was headed home by ex Premier League striker Barry Hayles. After Darren Chitty’s fingertips had denied the home side yet another headed goal, they made it 3-0 in the 27th minute as the ball was headed down and Lewis Toomey cleanly volleyed into the Frome net.  A defensive mix up in the 33rd minute allowed Toomey a chance of a second, but thankfully he shot wide from the edge of the 6 yard box, and as half time arrived, the players trooped off to presumably hear a few words (or maybe more) from Darren Perrin. The half time team talk obviously had some effect, and Frome were much better at the start of the second half. Their first shot on goal came from Matt Smith in the 50th minute, and then a 25 yard Jamie Lyons free kick hit the post and rolled invitingly along the goal line before being cleared by the home defence. A Smith header from a corner in the 56th minute was just saved by the home keeper and a St Albans survived a big penalty shout a minute later as Ryan Bennett seemed to be bundled over in the area, but then Sean Shields totally killed off any chance of a comeback as he made it 4-0 in the 65th minute rounding off a sweeping St Albans attack. A  Dean Evans volley just dropped over the home bar in the 90th minute, but it would only have been a consolation goal had it gone in, and St Albans were far the better side for most of the match. Dean Evans was chosen as Frome’s man of the match. Frome Town St Albans xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx Officials xx xx xx Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle Match Sponsor xxxxxx Ball Sponsor xxxxxxxx