Wenesday February 20th 2013 St Albans City Home Wednesday 20th February 2013 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Frome Town 0  St. Albans City 3 Frome Scorers: None St Albans Scorers: Seeby (32), Henry (50), Comley (90+4) Crowd: 108 Star Man: Matt Smith Entertainment Value: 3 On a bitterly cold night, Frome Town were a little unfortunate to come up against an impressive, organised St Albans side, who never looked like conceding once they had taken a two goal lead early in the second half, and eventually ran out comfortably winning 3-0.  Frome started brightly enough in this match and the first half hour saw them taking the game to St Albans, with the forwards creating chances around the box, but the final touch always eluding them. A good run on the left by Darren Jefferies set up Matt Smith for a shot in the 5th minute, and then a good run and shot by Smith in the 9th led to a corner as Nick Jupp pushed it round the post. Jefferies did well to break into the box a minute later, but the low cross ran agonisingly across the St Albans area with nobody on hand to poke the ball home. With Frome making most of the running, St Albans rarely broke away, but when they did, there was a hint of quality as they rapidly got players forward to support the move. There first real attack of the match led to a goal, as a shot from Josh Urqhart was deflected for a left wing corner, and as the corner was swung in, Chris Seeby produced a peach of a volley from the edge of the box that gave Darren Chitty no chance. Frome carried on looking for the equaliser and Ricky Hulbert combined with Smith to produce a great chance that was just foiled by a last ditch tackle, and then a fine ball from Hulbert set up Mike Perrott but the shot was weak and allowed Jupp an easy save. Frome’s best chance to equalise came on the stroke of half time as a clever Ballinger free kick found Perrott on the penalty spot, but his flicked header went straight at Jupp, where a couple of yards either side of the keeper must have resulted in a goal. Dave Gilroy replaced Mark Cooper (due to injury) at half time, and Frome were now playing with two recognised strikers, but it was St Albans who scored again after 5 minutes of the second half as a cleverly worked corner allowed Chris Henry a shooting chance on the edge of the Frome area, and he hit an absolute screamer of a right foot shot that curled into the top corner, with Chitty once again having no chance. With a two goal advantage, St Albans now really started to show their quality and seemed to be able to attack and defend in numbers ..... all at the same time. Whenever a Frome player got the ball, he always seemed surrounded by several of the visitors, and chances became very infrequent. Ballinger managed to get to the dead ball line and hit a great deep cross in the 76th minute, Josh Brigham threw himself at it and was only an inch or so away from getting a good contact, but the ball went out for a goal kick, and Lloyd Matthews produced a good turn and shot wide of the post a couple of minutes later, but that was pretty much the sum total of chances in the second half. As St Albans always looked dangerous in the second half, their third goal came four minutes into injury time as a mix up on the edge of the Frome box saw James Comley win the ball in a challenge with Chitty, leaving him with a casual stroll into the box and an open goal to roll the ball into and seal a game that they fully deserved to win. The  “H&B Tyres Man of the Match” award was awarded to Matt Smith by Bo Vincent who had sponsored the match ball. Frome Town St Albans Officials A. Rickets D. McEllin R. Morris Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle Match Sponsor xxx Ball Sponsor Bo Vincent NIck Jupp Chris Seeby Layne Eadie James Kaloczi Ryan Wharten Joe Bruce Richard Graham Josh Urqhart Brad Wadkins James Comley Chris Henry Matt Taylor Liam McGovern Charlie Dove Dave Keanleyside Jordan Patrick