Saturday  September  29th  2012 Taunton Town Home FA Trophy Saturday 29th September 2012 FA Trophy 1st Round Frome Town 0 Taunton Town 1 Frome Scorers:  None Taunton Scorers: Irish (27) Crowd: 131 Star Man: None Awarded Entertainment Value: 1 Frome Town crashed out of the first round of the FA Trophy as a very disappointing performance saw them with plenty of possession during the match, but with no real chances created, Taunton easily defended a goal scored by right back Owen Irish in the 27th minute. Alex Lapham and Tom Evans came back into the starting line up after returning from suspension and left back Mark Cooper also started as he returned to the club for a months loan from Newport County.  Mike Perrott and Dean Evans were both still suspended. With Nat Auckland, Lewis Powell, Dave Gilroy and Ben Wood all starting up front, it could be argued that this was a very attacking Frome line up, but strangely, nothing really happened, and after a non-descript first twenty minutes, Darren Chitty brought off a great save to deny Taunton’s Rodney Marsh as he turned, made space and unleashed a fierce right foot shot from just inside the Frome area. As the match struggled to find a pattern, Taunton took the lead  goal seven minutes later as a very long, looping throw from the right wing found a group of five or six players all going up for the dropping ball. Somehow, Owen Irish rose the highest and his header looped into the empty net for the opening goal. The goal definitely shook Frome up and their attacks took on some urgency, but there seemed to a communication problem somewhere and the Taunton defence easily dealt with everything that came there way. Frome had plenty of corners during the first half, but nothing brought a save from Sidley Adams in the visitor’s goal. The second half saw more of the same, with Frome having a lot of possession, but failing to play any penetrating passes on the ground to enable players to get in behind the Taunton defence and produce the killer pass from the dead ball line. Time after time, balls were lofted into the Taunton penalty area from the midfield, but every time this happened, it found a Frome striker with his back to goal and a Taunton defender climbing all over him, with the inevitable outcome - a Taunton clearance.   Once again, Frome won numerous free kicks and corners and there were several shouts for handballs as the ball struck defenders, but in all cases the referee was probably right not to penalise anyone, and Sidley Adams probably couldn’t believe his luck as he did not have to make a significant save in the entire match, and wasn’t even really tested with meaningful crosses either. As the end of the match approached,Taunton could well have made it 2-0 at the very end as, once again, only an excellent Chitty save to push away a fierce right foot shot, denied Marsh the goal that he fully deserved on the day. The “H&B Tyres Man of the Match” at home matches is always chosen by the match sponsor, but in this match, Mark Baber, the match sponsor declined to choose a man of the match.     Frome Town Taunton Town Officials C Wade P Wright A Welsh Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle Match Sponsor Mark Baber Ball Sponsor Zippy Connor Sidley-Adams Owen Irish Dave Hambly Gary Saunders Ben Mammola Rob Norrish Craig Mawford Andy Robertson (c) Neil Peek Rodney Marsh Craig Herrod Joe Dakwa Tom Hopkins Jamie Short Corey Lewis Raith Plant