Saturday  September  22nd  2012 Weston S Mare Home FA Cup Saturday 22nd September 2012 FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round Frome Town 0 Weston Super Mare 2 Frome Scorers:  None Weston Scorers: Ingram (40), Stearn (52) Crowd: 256 Star Man: Matt Smith Entertainment Value: 3 A goal either side of half time ended Frome Town’s involvement in this season’s  FA Cup, as  Weston were slow to start, fortunate to be leading at half time, but eventually well worth their win at the end of the match. Suspensions, injuries and cup ties meant that Frome started the match with 6 of their first choice players unavailable, with Tom Evans, Alex Lapham and Mike Perrott all suspended, Ben Wood and Mike Reaney injured and Greg Tindle cup tied, it was always going to be difficult to get a result against a Conference South side, and so it proved. Frome definitely had the better of the first half hour, and with Lewis Powell bringing a sharp save from Lloyd Irish in the 2nd minute, Nathan Auckland producing a cross that just evaded the strikers in the 5th and Powell and Dave Gilroy combining well to give Powell a shooting chance in the 10th, the match certainly started well for the home side. Matt Smith combined well with Powell in the 18th to allow Gilroy to produce a blocked shot, and four minutes later, Powell again found the space to enable a lob just over the bar. Weston’s first real attack came on the half hour as Nabi Diallo shot wide of the post, and the same player finished off a good move two minutes later that brought a sharp save from Darren Chitty, but Frome always looked the side more likely to score, and the 37th minute saw a great 35 yard shot from Smith thumpagainst the top of the Weston upright before rebounding to safety. However, much against the run of play, Weston took the lead in the 40th minute as Darren Chitty called for a high looping ball on the edge of the area, Dean Flockton left the ball to his keeper, but Kane Ingram nipped in between both of them and poked the ball into the empty net to give Weston a 1-0 lead that they were a little fortunate to have at half time. The second half was a very different affair, Frome were slow to start, struggled to get and keep possession and they were punished in the 52nd minute as Ross Stearns made it 2-0 to Weston as he jinked inside the Frome box before unleashing a curling shot that went across Chitty and buried itself in the far corner. From that point, Weston pretty much dominated the match, denying Frome any real possession and tending to keep possession and play the ball in the Frome half when they had it.  Frome’s chances of getting back into the game relied on quick breaks, but the Weston defence were quick to get back whenever they were stretched, and Chitty was much the busier goalkeeper in the second half, bring off several excellent saves. The crowd sensed that a late revival was unlikely, and in the end the match ended quietly, with Weston well worth their place in the next round of the FA Cup. The “H&B Tyres Man of the Match” as chosen by match sponsors Graham & Kimber Builders Ltd.  was Matt Smith, who had another excellent match in midfield, and if his 37th minute screamer had gone in instead of hitting the post, the match just might have had a different outcome.     Frome Town Weston Officials A Quelch M Bloor P Mawkhood Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle Match Sponsor Graham & Kimber Ltd. Ball Sponsor B&K Commercial Components Lloyd Irish Jamie Price Martin Slocombe Nabi Diallo Immanuel Parry Jamie Laird Ross Stearn Ben Kirk Chas Hemmings Brett Trowbridge Kane Ingram Pete Hanks Ashley Kingston Nat Pepperell Dale Grubb Kayne McGlaggan