Tuesday February 12th 2013 Weymouth Away Tuesday 12th February 2013 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Weymouth 2 Frome Town1 Frome Scorers: Jefferies (68) Weymouth Scorers: Reed (28), Smith (55p) Crowd: 450 Star Man: Darren Jefferies Entertainment Value: 4 An excellent second half performance saw a resurgent Frome Town side just fail to claw back a two goal deficit and produce at least a share of the points at high flying Weymouth, eventually going down by two goals to one. After Saturday’s win at St Neots (in the first of three consecutive tough away games), Frome travelled to Weymouth and started with the same side that started on Saturday, welcoming striker Ricky Hulbert back into the squad after his 12 months playing in New Zealand. Frome started the match in positive fashion and the 5th minute saw Mike Perrott set up Darren Jefferies to shoot from the edge of the area, but Simon Evans was well placed to deal with the effort. Jefferies was again involved 10 minutes later as his free kick set up Dave Gilroy, but this time the shot went past the post. Somewhat against the run of play, Weymouth scored in the 28th minute as Rob Hobbs was dispossessed in midfield and centre half Stephen Reed surged forward and scored with a thunderous 25 yard shot that gave Darren Chitty no chance. The goal obviously gave Weymouth some momentum and the next few minutes saw a cross from Dan Smith cause problems, and then Chitty did very well to hold an effort from Kyle Critchell. Ricky Hulbert replaced Hobbs in the 36th minute and Frome started playing with two front men in a 4-4-2 formation, though results weren’t immediate and the half time whistle saw an even first half separated by an outstanding goal. The second half started with Frome’s Matt Smith hitting a great long range shot that Evans did well to get down to and save at the post,but then Weymouth increased their lead on 55 minutes as Tom Evans and Mark Ford both appeared to slip in the penalty area, but Evans was adjudged to have fouled, the referee pointed to the spot and Dan Smith sent Chitty the wrong way to score from a “somewhat fortuitous” penalty kick. Mark Cooper was forced to head a Smith cross out from under the Frome bar in the 66th minute, but then Frome really went for broke, threw three players up front, and in the words of a Weymouth supporter, “starting throwing the kitchen sink at us”. A superb Jefferies through ball put Perrott clean through, but he lost his footing just as he was about to shoot, and then Frome pulled one back as Jefferies capped a fine game as he got behind the Weymouth defence, just managed to control a through ball and scored from a tight angle in the 66th minute. Hulbert won a free kick a few minutes later but Josh Brigham failed to hit the target and then another great Jefferies run resulted in a through ball to Gilroy but his shot just cleared the bar. With the home supporters now getting edgy and Frome throwing everything at Weymouth, Dave Thompson headed just over the bar in the 78th minute from another Jefferies free kick, but it just wasn’t to be on the night, Weymouth weathered the storm and the last minute saw man of the match Darren Jefferies burst into the box but his shot just cleared the post and ended in the side netting. The  “H&B Tyres Man of the Match” award was awarded to Darren Jefferies for an absolutely outstanding performance in midfield that seemed to be at the heart of everything good that happened on the night. Frome Town Weymouth Officials xxx xxx xxx Match Photos Photos of this match taken by our expert photographer Chas Hadfield can be viewed by clicking on this rectangle Match Sponsor xxx Ball Sponsor xxx Simon Evans Barry McConnell Ashley Wells Stephen Reed Sam Poole Ed Palmer Kyle Critchell Danny Clay Ben Joyce Mark Ford Dan Smith