Frome Town Arlesey Officials I Parsons M Rogers D Flynn Match Sponsor Toolstation Ltd. Ball Sponsor L F Jones Saturday  September 7th 2013 Arlesey Home Saturday 7th September 2013 Calor League Southern Premier Division Frome Town 0 Arlesey Town 1 Frome Scorers: None Arlesey Scorers: Frater (39) Crowd: 170 Star Man: Aaron Ledgister Entertainment Value: 4 A much improved performance from Frome saw them lose to a solitary Arlesey goal just before half time, though with chances being created at either end, this match could have gone either way and perhaps a draw would have been a fair result. This match saw the welcome return of Matt Smith to the side after his worrying injury early in the Weymouth match, and the midfielder was to play the whole match with his normal flair and work rate, which is a good omen for the future. Arlesey have always proved a tough nut for Frome to crack, with a solid, well organised defence and a very impressive, commanding goalkeeper in Nat Abbey, and today’s match was to prove that not much has changed. Frome started brightly with several assaults on the Arlesey goal in the first ten minutes, the best chance coming in the 4th minute as Aaron Ledgister found a peach of a pass through to Conor Waldon whose turn and shot was deflected for a corner. As the game settled, the visitors came more into it and started to probe the Frome defence with quick wingers on either side of the pitch causing problems. Their inswinging corners from the right wing were proving a problem, and Josh Ford was forced to head the ball over his own crossbar before Jeanmal Prosper got his head to another bringing a comfortable save from Darren Chitty. Dean Flockton hobbled off clutching his hamstring in the 24th minute to be replaced by Johnny Lynn, and three minutes later Frome had an excellent chance as a Ledgister throughball found Ryan Laville in space, with his turn and shot bringing a save from Abbey. The 21st minute saw Chitty bring off a great save to deny Andrew Osei-Siriboor as the winger looked to curl the ball into the far corner, and a minute later Chitty’s legs saved Frome again as Luke Abraham seemed certain to score as he found himself through on goal. The defining moments of the first half came in the 37th minute as a Frome corner led to Josh Ford, Matt Smith and Ryan Laville all having close range attempts on goal with the post and two goal line clearances saving Arlesey, who then promptly broke upfield, won a corner and tall central defender Ryan Frater nodded home the inswinging corner (that had been causing Frome problems all match), with the ball headed downwards and bouncing high into the net. The second half saw Frome match Arlesey in most departments and desperately unlucky not to score. Good work between Matt Smith and Ledgister in the 51st led to a ball into the box that Conor Waldon just failed to connect with, and a great right wing cross from Rhys Baggridge in the 56th minute begged for a striker to get onto the end of it, but Ryan Laville just failed to make contact. Matt Smith brought a stunning low save from Abbey in the 58th as he let fly from distance, then great, determined work by Mark Cooper on the left saw him get to the deadball line and pull the ball back perfectly, but Matt Cowler lent back as he shot and the ball cleared the crossbar by a distance. As Frome chased the equaliser, they sometimes became stretched at the back, but Chitty was always on hand to snuff out any Arlesey threats, and it became clear that it wasn’t going to be Frome’s day as Abbey brought off another excellent save in the 85th to push away a Josh Ford header from a perfectly flighted Ledgister free kick, and in the 5th minute of injury time, Gianni Kapika’s first touch after coming on to replace Waldon saw the free kick hit the top of his head and  go away from goal.  Aaron Ledgister was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Man Award after being chosen by match sponsors Toolstation Ltd.