Frome Town Biggleswade Officials x x x Match Sponsor x Ball Sponsor x Tuesday  January 21st 2014 Biggleswade Town Away Tuesday 21st January 2014 Calor League Southern Premier Division Biggleswade Town 2 Frome Town 0 Frome Scorers: None Biggleswade Scorers: Whitham (3), Donnelly (67) Crowd: Star Man: Matt Smith Entertainment Value: 4 No matter how well you play, you still need a little luck, and Frome Town played some of their best football of the season in this match and dominated for long periods, but it was Biggleswade who ran out 2-0 winners thanks to a goal in each half. Manager Adrian Foster kept the same winning starting line up that had done so well in the previous two matches with the exception of Matt Groves replacing Ricky Hulbert who was unavailable due to work commitments. So, on a wet Tuesday night in January, Frome made the 150 mile trip to Biggleswade Town, about half way between Bedford and Cambridge. The match started in the worst possible way for Frome as the hosts took the lead in the 3rd minute as left wing Alex Whitham cut inside from the left wing and smashed  an unstoppable shot into far top corner of Darren Chitty’s net. However, Frome were quickly into their stride and the 8th minute saw Mark Francis cross from the left and an acrobatic Kris Miller overhead kick brought a good save from Ian Brown at full stretch. As the half progressed, Frome were playing some good football and knocking it around well but final ball was quite not there yet, and on 20 minutes, the returning Tim Stephenson  replaced the injured Jack Vallis. Frome went close in the 27th as Matt Smith flicked on a ball from Stephenson, a Matt Groves  shot was blocked into Ben Wood’s path and his immediate return ball saw Groves shoot wide of the goal. After Kris Miller had shot over from a corner, a Wood free kick was headed back by Stephenson to the unmarked Smith on edge of area, but his shot went straight at Brown as he struggled to keep his footing. Frome didn’t deserve to be behind at the break, and they started the second half well as a great spin  and clip down line by Francis to Woodset him on his way and he beat the full back and drove the ball across goal but there was nobody there to get on the end of it. Frome’s pressure continued and a super free kick from just outside the area by Wood brought a great save from Brown as he tipped it over the bar, and with Frome now playing all the football, as so often happens, Biggleswade increased their lead in the 67th as a free kick was floated into the Frome area and the loose ball fell to Brett Donnelly who mis-kicked it into the goal. Frome continued to press and a Jon Vance free kick in the 80th looked to have beaten the keeper but the ball popped up into his grateful arms, and then Biggleswade hit post four minutes later with a rare attack. The last two minutes saw the ball worked to Francis who cut into the box from the wing,  but when it looked likely to be a repeat of Saturday’s goal,  this time the shot went the wrong side of post, and on the stroke of full time, Josh Ford played a  great ball forward, Francis beat the  last defender and again shot wide. Matt Smith was awarded the “H&B Tyres Man of the Man Award”  for another hard working performance in midfield. Ian Brown Max York Andrew Iwediuno Cameron Mawer Steven Gentle Lee Allinson Craig Daniel Evan Key Sam  Reed Lee Reed Alex Witham Callum Lewis Brett Donnelly Jon Woolf Mason