Frome Town Bognor Regis Officials A Newell A Overthrow G Evans Match Sponsor Bo Vincent Ball Sponsor Mark Baber Saturday  September 14th 2013 Bognor Regis  Home Saturday 14th September 2013 FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round Frome Town 1 Bognor Regis 1 Frome Scorers: Mazetti (88 og) Bognor Scorers: Godfrey (71) Crowd: 218 Star Man: Ryan Laville Entertainment Value: 3 Frome Town were grateful to their goal keeper and defence for keeping them in this match, as for long periods they battled hard to frustrate the waves of Bognor Regis attacks, and their hard work paid off as Frome grabbed a late equaliser to force a reply on Wednesday night. The first half saw Bognor always looking the more pro-active of the two sides, a period of sustained attacks saw numerous corners and free kicks with the Frome defence doing well to stand up to the pressure. A great Darren Chitty save in the 20th pushed a fierce Ben Godfrey shot round the post, and then Frome had their first chance of the match as  Conor Waldon turned and shot well to bring a save from Mark Zawadski shortly after. With Bognor always looking better going forward, another period of pressure brought about two corners that ended with a Godfrey header that thumped against the Frome cross bar and Mark Cooper bravely blocked a stinging volley from Aaron Hopkinson that looked to be heading for goal, but neither side were able to break the deadlock and the score remained 0-0 at half time. The second half started with Bognor controlling almost all the territory and possession and Frome’s defence and central midfield spent most of their time trying to repel the invaders, with a frenzied period around the 55th minute leading to four corners, numerous blocking tackles and more than a few shots that just went wide. Sooner or later the pressure had to pay, and finally Bognor took the lead in the71st minute as Chitty bravely saved from Harvey Whyte, only for the ball to be bundled home by Godfrey from close range with Cooper just failing to get his head to the ball. It always seemed as if Bognor would add to their lead, and with a little  more shooting accuracy that would surely have been the case, but Frome had the occasional chance with the impressive Matt Smith being fouled on the edge of the Bognor area to gain a direct free kick that came to nothing, but with Frome’s serious goal drought this season, it seemed highly unlikely that an equaliser would come. But come it did, and in a bizarre fashion at that. With two minutes of normal time remaining, the ball was swung in from the right, Waldon managed to get a touch that played it into the path of substitute Brandon Mundy who let fly with a right foot shot. Zawadski was up to the task and saved well, but the ball flew up into the air and landed on the head of Bognor substitute Jon Mazetti who then headed the ball back over the prostrate keeper and into the corner of the net. Frome immediately went down to ten players as Waldon was stretchered off having been injured in the move, and Bognor went into over-drive to try and get the winner, with only miraculous last minute goal line clearances from Rhys Baggridge and Darren Chitty denying them the winner. Ryan Laville  was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Man Award after being chosen by match sponsor Bo Vincent.