Frome Town Hungerford Town Officials M Derrien J Durkin M Lullington Match Sponsor FT Supporters Club Ball Sponsor xx Saturday  September 21st 2013 Hungerford Home Saturday 21st September 2013 Calor League Southern Premier Division Frome Town 0 Hungerford Town 2 Frome Scorers: None Hungerford  Scorers: Grace-Parsons (6), Rees (34) Crowd: 151 Star Man: Conor Waldon Entertainment Value: 3 With Hungerford scoring twice in the first half, and as the league’s lowest scorers, Frome were always going to have a problem getting back into this match, and despite a better second half they once again failed to trouble the scorer and Hungerford took all three points. Frome were pleased to welcome Ben Wood back into the side to give some width and pace on the left, and after a good display in midweek, local player Johnny Oliver started the match in midfield. The match started in a fairly spectacular fashion as Conor Waldon produced an overhead kick in the first minute that Paul Strudley dealt with without too many problems, then a Ben Wood header brought another save from Strudley, but as always seems to happen, Hungerford’s first real attack saw a fairly innocent looking right wing cross find Josh Grace-Parsons in acres of space inside the Frome box. Darren Chitty got down well to save the first shot, but the rebound went straight back to the striker who shot high into the net from close range to give the visitors the lead. The match settled, but the visitors always looked more likely to score as they were quicker to the ball in midfield, gave Frome few options when they had the ball, and were rewarded with a second goal on 34 minutes as a crisp interchange of passes on the edge of the Frome box allowed Scott Rees to move into space and toe poke the ball into the corner of the net for a simple but well worked goal. Frome’s best chance of the half arrived two minutes before the interval as a rare flowing move led to a great ball from Johnny Oliver into the path of Ben Wood who ran onto the ball and hit a low shot across the goal that went just wide of the far post. Matt Cowler replaced Oliver at half time and received an immediate welcome as he was clattered from behind, the free kick coming to nothing, and Frome did look to have more about them as they came forward. A Laville right wing cross caused Strudley problems and he was grateful to his defence for clearing up the problem, then Waldon did well to win the ball despite the attention of three defenders and get in a shot that was deflected for a corner, then a Cowler header set up Laville for a crisp low volley that Strudley watched carefully and dealt with. At the other end, Chitty saved from a Matt Day header and produced a spectacular double save in the 73rd minute to push a screamer from Mark Draycott firstly up into the air, then doubling back to push it off the line. Waldon and Ledgister both let fly with long range efforts that sailed over the crossbar, and a Ben Wood run and cross allowed Mark Cooper a header that was off target, but there was never any great sense that Frome were actually going to score and so it proved, with Hungerford comfortably holding on to their lead and Frome moving down one place in the table, with only Bashley below them.  The H&B Tyres Man of the Man Award was presented to Conor Waldon by members of the Frome Town FC supporters club who had sponsored the match.