Frome Town Keynsham Officials x x x Match Sponsor x Ball Sponsor x Tuesday  December 10th 2013 Keynsham Away Tuesday 10th December 2013 Somerset Premier Cup 2nd Round Keynsham 0 Frome Town 3 Frome Scorers: Baggridge (59) Keynsham Scorers: None Crowd: 47 Star Man: Matt Cowler Entertainment Value: 3 A professional performance from Frome Town saw them comfortably into the next round of the Somerset Premier Cup as they beat Keynsham 3-0 in the replay following the abandoned fixture the previous week when Frome’s goalkeeper Scott Armstrong sustained several broken ribs. With Ricky Hulbert missing through work commitments,  Kurt Hammonds still suspended and Jack Metcalf cup tied, manager Brian O’Donnell called up youngster Jake Herd and recalled Will Agbo to the squad. Frome started the match with a much quicker tempo than in the previous match and the 2nd minute saw gong range effort by Aaron Ledgister comfortably saved low down by Keynsham keeper Matt Dunk, who was again in action the 25th as brilliantly saved a header from Rhys Baggridge. A minute later Keynsham had a chance from 10 yards that went wide, but Frome looked to have the upper hand as Dunk again did well to save from Ledgister and a quick build up in the 31st gave Frome their best chance of the match as Matt Smith skied the ball over the bar from 6 yards out. Just as it looked as if the scores would remain level at half time, Tim Stephenson drove into the Keynsham area only to be chopped down allowing Matt Clark to coolly despatch the penalty and send Frome into the break with a deserved 1-0 advantage. They doubled their lead a minute after half time as Smith put substitute Will Agbo through on goal and he scored with his first touch of the match, beating Dunk at his near post. Dunk was called into action again in the 59th as he raced out to deny Ben Wood, but the ball found its way to Baggridge who crossed immediately only for Matt Smith to again sky the ball over the bar from 6 yards with the the keeper nowhere in site. Will Agbo was also guilty of leaning back as he shot and the ball cleared the bar in the 70th, with three players screaming for the ball in the centre of the pitch, but shortly afterwards, Frome wrapped the games up as Frome used the full width of the pitch after after Mark Cooper had crossed, Ben Wood found the back of the net with the aid of a deflection. Keynsham’s Luke Lipinkski  produced an excellent run and shot that went just inches past the post, and Wood should have scored again after being put through by Agbo with only the keeper to beat. Frome progressed to the Q/Finals with a comfortable win and some good football on show, and with a little better finishing, the score could well have been more. Matt Cowler was awarded the “H&B Tyres Man of the Man Award”. x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x