Frome Town St Neots Town Officials A Newell N Sykes K Williams Match Sponsor Time is Precious Ball Sponsor L&F Jones Wednesday  March 26th 2014 St Neot’s Home Wednesday 26th March 2014 Calor League Southern Premier Division Frome Town 5 St. Neot’s Town 4 Frome Scorers: Wood (38), Groves (44), Baggridge (53), Vallis (57), Miller (75p) St Neots  Scorers : Tolley (20), (45), (55), Hilliard (41p) Crowd: 126 Star Man: Matt Smith Entertainment Value: 5 In one of the most amazing matches for a long, long time, Frome Town came from behind four times in the match to snatch a 5-4  victory over St Neot’s Town who played their full part in this nine goal thriller. Despite their long coach journey for this match, St Neot’s came hurtling out of the blocks at the start of the match and dominated the first few minutes, with the pressure only being relieved as Lewis Hilliard blazed a shot just over the bar in the thrid minute. The pressure carried on being applied and Frome were struggling to gain possession and get out of there half for the first quarter, but as they acclimatised to the blistering pace that the visitors were playing at, they started to come more into the match and produce attacks of their own, but they were caught cold in the 21st minute as a St Neot’s break on the right led to a low cross and Shane Tolley applied a lovely touch to that saw the ball nestle in the far corner with Darren Chitty having no chance. Frome came straight back and the game developed into a very fat, end to end affair. A Frome corner in the 27th saw Nat Abbey partly parry the ball away, only for it to be cleared by his defenders, and a few minutes later a Mark Cooper run on the left allowed Josh Ford an overhead kick that proved an easy save for Abbey. Ford had a big hand in the equaliser in the 37th minute as he overlapped on the right, powered into the area and astutely pulled the ball back low for Ben Wood to score with a clinical strike into the corner from 15 yards out to the delight of the home supporters. However, Frome were only level for three minutes, and as St Neot’s attacked again, a clearing header bounced and hit a Frome defender’s hand, the referee blew for a penalty and Hilliard despatched it with ease into the top corner. St Neot’s lead only lasted for two minutes as Frome came straight back and  Wood’s long throw was headed on by Hulbert and as the ball fell at the feet of Matt Groves, he showed his experience by finding a yard of space to turn and drive the ball high into the net from a few yards out. This incredible match then produced another goal in seconds, as, straight from the kick off, St Neots attacked, a shot hit the post and came back to Tolley who buried chance with no problems at all. Almost surprisingly, the three minutes left till half time failed to produce further goals, and at the interval, St Neot’s led by three goals to two. Frome made it 3-3 in the 53rd minute after Kris MIller had won a throw in deep on the right, Wood’s long throw was headed on by Ford and Rhys Baggridge arrived at the right time to head the ball downwards and in to the net close to the near post. As usual, St Neot’s came straight back and regained the lead within two minutes, but in a slightly controversial manner. As the referee blew for a foul on the left of the Frome defence, and as he was talking to the Frome defender who had committed the foul, St Neots took the free kick quickly and rolled the ball to Tolley who stroked the ball home unchallenged as everyone expected the referee to blow the whistle and re-take the free kick, but to the amazement of everyone, he awarded the goal and Tolley completed his hat trick. The scoring still hadn’t finished, and Frome made it 4-4 three minutes later as a Vance free kick into the box was poked home low by Jack Vallis managed to score from a prone position after falling in the box and he got the first touch. Frome went so close to taking the lead for the first time in the 61st minute as a Smith shot was parried by Abbey, and as the ball popped up invitingly for Groves, his reaction shot saw it just skim the outside of the post. On a night when anything could happen, a 40 yard attempt from Miller almost went over the line with Abbey just managing to keep the ball the right side of the line, the Tolley could easily have helped himself to his fourth goal of the night but he blazed over the bar from 15 yards after a great left wing cross picked him out perfectly. Frome did take the lead in the 74th minute as a right wing Miller cross saw Hulbert flattened from behind by Ryan Frater as he went for the header, the referee pointed to the spot and MIller stroked the ball into the top corner with Abbey getting a touch to the ball. To the surprise of everyone in the ground, St Neot’s Arthur Lee was shown a straight red in the 86th minute, apparently for something he said to the referee, and this incredible match eventually came to an end without too much incident in the last five minutes.     Matt Smith was awarded the “H&B Tyres Man of the Man Award” for a sterling performance in midfield that saw him at  the heart of everything. Nat Abbey Mason Spence Arthur Lee Ben Farrell Ryan Frater Gavin Hoyte (c) Lewis Hilliard Jay Davies Matt Nolan Shane Tolley Lorenzo Ferrari Lewis Wilson Jake Woolley Edward Adjei Ben Ford Simon Thomas