Frome Town Weymouth Officials M Rushton A Hunt K Williams Match Sponsor xxx Ball Sponsor xxx Tuesday  August 12th 2014 Weymouth Away Tuesday 12th August 2014 Southern Premier Division Weymouth 4 Frome Town 2 Frome Scorers: Miller (42p),Francis (72) Weymouth Scorers: Laird (11), Kelly (55), Yetton (69), Rigg (83) Crowd: 717 Star Man: Brandon Mundy Entertainment Value: 4 Frome Town’s second away match in the space of four days produced a decent performance in an entertaining game, but after looking like a draw was possible, they were ultimately undone by a pacey Weymouth attack that always looked capable of scoring at the right moment. Darren Chitty returned to take over the goalkeepers jersey and Rhys Baggridge also returned to his accustomed position at centre back alongside Jack Vallis. Frome started very brightly and in the first minute Mark Francis saw his goalbound shot deflected for a corner, and as Jon Vance delivered it perfectly, the unmarked Rhys Baggridge rose at the far post to head just over the crossbar. But it didn’t take long for Weymouth to get into the match and after Chitty had had problems with a high ball in the swirling wind, the ball fell to Adam Kelly who should really have done better with an unmarked header from ten yards, and a few minutes later Stewart Yetton found space to direct a header straight at Chitty from a similar distance. Frome were living dangerously at this point, and the Weymouth pressure paid off in the 11th minute as a diving header by Kelly hit the Frome crossbar, and rebounded out to Jamie Laird who had time and space to hit an unstoppable left foot shot into the Frome net. Frome were being run ragged at this stage, but as the match progresses, they started to win more time and possession, though Weymouth always looked dangerous on the counter. Jonny Linn replacing the injured Jack Vallis in the 26th minute, and two minutes later, Weymouth went close as the dangerous Kelly hit a cracking half volley from 25 yards that just flew over the bar and then Chris McPhee repeated the feat shortly afterwards. A couple of late tackles brought an edge to the match on the half hour, and after Yetton had beaten Baggridge in the air to head directly at Chitty, Frome equalised in the 42nd minute as a rare left wing corner was driven back into the box by Vance only for the ball to bounce up on to the hand of a defender and Kris Miller coolly slotted home to give Frome the equaliser. Frome started the second half by effectively playing three at the back with left back Mark Cooper playing more as a midfielder / winger, and for the first ten minutes they looked good as they took the game to Weymouth, but after Smith had hit a long range effort into the arms of Jason Matthews, Weymouth regained the lead through Kelly with an absolute screamer of a right volley from 30 yards, that swerved and dipped and ended up in the top right corner. Frome came forward looking for the equaliser and the 66th minute saw a great chance as Miller ran onto a great through ball from Smith, but as he dinked the ball over the diving Matthews, it failed to come down and cleared the crossbar by several feet. Weymouth made it 3-1 in the 69th minute as Frome’s pressure left gaps at the back, and Chris Shepherd cut inside his man on the right wing to produce a perfect low cross to the far post that saw Yetton arrive to shoot home easily from close range. Frome immediately replied to make it 3-2 as Smith got up to head a Mundy cross to the far post where Francis knocked in his second goal in two games, and with twenty minutes to go, it seemed that a draw was a distinct possibility, but then Weymouth sealed the win in the 83rd minute with a pacey, passing move that carved open the Frome defence allowing George Rigg to effectively shoot into an open net at the end and make it 4-2. The remaining time saw several long range shots, but none really troubled either goal keeper, and the large crowd of 717 were probably well content with the match they had just watched, and how Frome would love to play in front of home crowds that big. Brandon Mundy was awarded the H&B Tyres “Man of the Match Award” for a good performance on the right of midfield.