Frome Town Weymouth Officials M Greenwood B White J Welsh Match Sponsor Tom Clarke Ball Sponsor Bo Vincent   Wednesday March 11th 2015 Weymouth Home Wednesday 11th March 2015 Evo-Stik Southern Premier Frome Town 3  Weymouth 1 Frome Scorers: Haldane (23) (65) Baggridge (56) Weymouth  Scorers: Yetton 81 Crowd: 257 Star Man: Lewis Haldane Entertainment Value: 5/5 A second excellent performance in the space of four days saw Frome Town cruise to a 3-1 win over third placed Weymouth, move eight points clear of the relegation zone, and the way the side are playing at the moment, they are a more than a match for any side in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier. New signing from Bideford Chris McGrath went straight into the side and number 6, and even though he had had no time to train with the side, he looked like he had been playing there all season with a composed performance. Ben Thomson took his place on the bench as it appears that his reaction to a hamstring injury looks less serious than was at first feared. After an even start, Weymouth had the first half chance of the match in the 12th as a free kick was flicked just beyond Jack Vallis allowing Stewart Yetton to run on to the ball but his volley was thankfully high and wide, and in the 19th the cool head of McGrath twice cleared up dangerous situations for Frome as Weymouth had a couple of corners in quick succession. Frome took the lead in the 23rd minute as Matt Smith proved too strong for ex-Robin Dean Evans in midfield, and as he fed the ball out to Lewis Haldane on the left wing, the experienced striker cut inside his marker and unleashed an unstoppable curling right foot shot that flew into the far top corner of the net giving Jason Matthews no chance. After Frome had gone close to a second in the 25th as a Smith shot flew past the post after good work by Ricky Hulbert, then Darren Chitty took great delight in saving a fierce 20 yard Evans shot in the 38th that came back off the post, and he was also in place to deal with the follow up shot. With Frome finishing the half the stronger of the two sides as Ollie Taylor just failed to get on the end of a perfect Jon Vance right wing cross, the crowd started to look forward to the second half which seemed sure to bring more goals. Weymouth started the second half the brighter of the two sides, but despite dominating territory and possession for the first ten minutes, Frome looked comfortable in defence and Chitty had little to do other than make routine interventions. Frome’s second arrived in the 56th minute in slightly bizarre fashion. Hulbert was fouled wide on the right and as Jon Vance swung the ball into the area, all the Weymouth defenders moved out in a pre-planned offside trap that had worked once in the first half, but this time they got in wrong and Matthews was left alone facing five onside Frome players advancing on him. He managed to get a hand to the ball, but only succeeded in knocking it onto the legs of Rhys Baggridge and the ball rolled obligingly over the line from five yards out. Filled with confidence, Frome now started to look as if they would score every time they came forward, and Jack Vallis was just denied by Matthews following another Vance free kick, but then the third arrived in the 65th minute as pressure led to a left wing corner, and Vance curled in a perfect in-swinging corner, McGrath and Matthews both went to the near post, McGrath left it and the ball pitched on the goal line where the eager legs of Haldane arrived to force it over and send the home crowd wild. A 40 yard lob from Haldane caught Matthews off his line, but the keeper did well to back pedal and just pluck it out from under the crossbar, and in the 73rd, another Vance corner caused problems allowing Vallis to volley onto the crossbar from 12 yards out with the ball rebounding harmlessly. Frome were rampant now and Taylor and Smith both shot wide before a great Smith ball found McGrath in space and his header was only just headed off the Weymouth line by a defender. However, a couple of substitutions by Weymouth brought some height to the equation and after a bout of head tennis around the Frome area, Stewart Yetton reduced the arrears as he shot home from close range to make it 3-1, and after Frome had a couple of chances that fell to Miller and Haldane in the last five minutes, Darren Chitty brought off the save of the night as tipped away a header that was heading for the top corner of the goal. In the fifth minute of extra time, a Weymouth shot flew wide of the far post after a frantic attack, but it wasn’t to be and Frome were left to celebrate their third win on the trot, two over twop six opponents, scoring 8 and conceding just 1 in those three matches. It’s a pity the season doesn’t start in March, because the way the side are playing at the moment, anything is possible. The H&B Tyres Man of the Match was presented to Lewis Haldane by Tom Clark  who had sponsored the match, and it was a cracking opening goal and a performance that caused Weymouth problems all night. Prog Sponsor The Footie Factory