Frome Town Bideford Officials xx xx xx Match Sponsor xx Ball Sponsor xx Tuesday  October 20th  2015 Bideford Away Tuesday 20th October 2015 Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division Bideford 2 Frome Town 0 Frome Scorers: None Bideford Scorers: Gerring (70), Squire (72) Crowd: 199 Star Man: TBA Entertainment Value: 3/5 Frome Town’s recent run of form ended with a disappointing 2-0 defeat at Bideford as a scrappy match was settled by two goals in two minutes from the home side and with twenty minutes to play, Frome could not find a reply. Frome’s night got off to a bad start as Kris Miller was forced off by injury in the 8th minute, to be replaced by Connor Roberts at right back, but the match was slow to get going and apart from a high and wide shot from Bideford’s Groves on the quarter hour there was little to report in the way of chances. However, Frome carved out an opening after 20 minutes as Stuart Dickin found Lewis Haldane with a ball that allowed him to get behind Harrison and lift the ball over Kyle Moore, only for the chance to fall inches wide of the goal. Frome’s goalkeeper Paul White made his first regulation save of the night as he easily dealt with a volley from Billy Tucker in the 26th, but then three minutes later Haldane made space for himself only to be hauled down Stephen Reed on the edge of the area just as he was about to shoot. Reed received a yellow for the foul, Joe Tumelty hit the free kick high over the bar and the match still looked the first goal.  After Bideford had applied some momentary pressure, two yellow cards in a minute for Bideford’s Groves and Frome’s Jordan Walker and a foul on Haldane that deserved another yellow for the perpetrator showed that the match was becoming a niggly, bad tempered affair. Frome made a double substitution in the 53rd minute with Darren Jefferies and Liam Monelle replacing Haldane and Tumelty, and two minutes later they had a chance to break the deadlock as Tyler Sibbick pulled the ball back for Jordan Walker, but with Ben Gerring doing well to block the shot, the scoreline remained goalless. As the match looked to be heading for a 0-0 draw, Bideford were probably slightly shading possession and territory, and they duly took the lead as Frome failed to defend a corner in the 70th and Ben Gerring rose above everybody at the far post to head back across Paul White into the far top corner. Frome immediately had a chance to go level, but Saturday’s hero Jon Davies managed to get under a chance set up by Rob Hobbs and the ball was skied over the bar, and then Bideford almost immediately came up with a classic sucker punch, and as Frome attacked, a long clearance was missed by Jordy Nkunga and Kevin Squire latched onto the ball and lofted it onto the empty net from 35 yards out to make it 2-0 and virtually kill the game off. Disappointingly the remaining twenty minutes produced little in the way of incident, and Bideford gained revenge for their 3-0 defeat at Frome a few weeks ago. Programme Sponsor xxx