Frome Town Chesham Utd. Officials xxx xxx xxx Match Sponsor - Ball Sponsor Ivan Carver Saturday  August 22nd 2015 Chesham Utd Away Saturday 22nd August 2015 Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division Chesham Utd. 5 Frome Town 1  Frome Scorers: Taylor (4) Chesham Scorers: Blake (25), Wadkins (35),(74), Hayles (66),(90) Crowd: 241 Star Man: Darren Chitty Entertainment Value: 1/5 Despite taking an early lead through Ollie Taylor, Frome Town then surrendered the initiative, Chesham scored five without reply and only a man of the match performance from Frome’s keeper Darren Chitty prevented a truly embarrassing scoreline. On paper, this would appear to have been a fairly closely matched encounter, with Frome having gained three points from their opening four games, and Chesham having gained one more. Perhaps tellingly, though,  Frome have only managed one goal from those matches and are struggling to create meaningful chances. Frome’s squad showed a couple of changes from their midweek draw at Dorchester, with Ben Worlock missing from the squad, and Rumanian Alex Stafei coming into the squad after International clearance had been received from the Rumanian FA. Surprisingly, after completing his four match ban, influential defender Jack Vallis was not in the squad. Frome opened the scoring ( and doubled their tally for the season) in the 4th minute as Taylor burst through the offside trap (despite huge home protests) to finish superbly from a tight angle, but it didn’t take long for Chesham to show as  Darren Chitty pulled off a superb low save from a 25 yard drive from Sam Youngs.  Chesham equalised in the 26th as Chris McGrath failed to win an important header and the ball was threaded through to Brad Wadkins who then squared it to Ryan Blake for an easy tap-in from close range. In a rare Frome attack in the 30th, Ben Thomson used his strength to hold up the ball and then set up Joe Tumelty whose volley from 20 yards was just tipped behind by George Legg, and from the resulting Jon Vance corner Steve Hulbert headed just wide. Chesham made it 2-1 in the 35th as a good  ball round the full back saw McGrath get turned allowing Wadkins to score easily, and five minutes later only a great reaction save from Chitty denied Wadkins his second of the match after a slick build up from the hosts. Chitty  twice more showed his class as he denied Sam Youngs in the 42nd minute with a great save after the striker had burst through, and another excellent save saw him just hold onto a skidding long range effort from Wadkins as the match threatened to turn into a one sided encounter. Chesham started the second half with the same dominance that they had showed in the first, and Wadkins had a goal disallowed in the 49th for an offside flag, and only a last ditch slide from full back Lee Sweet prevented Youngs from scoring after a long throw had set him free. It was 3-1 to Chesham in the 66th as McGrath failed to clear with a header allowing veteran Barry Hayles to convert the simple chance, and Hayles played a big part  in Chesham’s 4th as he powered past Stev Hulbert and squared the ball to Wadkins for another simple tap in. Frome had no answer to Chesham in in this match, and it was now just a case of how many the hosts would score. Chesham’s Dave Pearce fizzed a low shot just past the far post after being set up by Youngs, and  Takshan Dwyer broke through on the left and played a ball in that just eluded the sliding Hayles. After an 87th minute audacious effort by Pearce with outside of his foot from 25 yards had cannoned  off the Frome post, Chesham made it 5-1 in the 90th as they broke quickly and a ball over the top set Pearce through, and despite Chitty saving well, the ball fell to Hayles for tap in yet again from close range, and confirm the fact that Frome now have a mountain to climb this season. Frome stalwart Darren Chitty was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match Award for another outstanding display in goal. Programme Sponsor -