Monday March 28th  2016 Paulton Rovers Home Monday 28th March 2016 Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division Frome Town 1 Paulton Rovers 0 Frome Scorers: G Miller (88) Paulton Scorers: None Crowd: 328 Star Man: Connor Roberts Entertainment Value: 3/5 A strange, Jekyll and Hyde performance from Frome saw them dominate the first half without scoring, then look devoid of any initiative in the second and yet win the match with an 89th minute goal from George Miller from what was their only real attack. However, the win virtually guarantees that Frome will be playing Southern League Premier football next season. With Darren Chitty suffering from injury, Frome were grateful to Melksham Town for the loan of goalkeeper Rob Brown, who had last played for Frome in the second match of the season and had won the man of the match award with an outstanding display against Merthyr Town. With captain Sam Teale also carrying a knock, his place at left back was taken by Chris Regan. On a firm pitch that looked remarkably good given the amount of rain that had fallen in the last few days, the match kicked off with Frome playing towards the Club House end, and after the early exchanges, Frome started to dominate with Jon Davies bringing a fingertip save from Ben John as he cut in from the left and then a good right wing run from Darren Jefferies led to low pull back that begged for someone to get on the end of it. Jefferies brought a good save from John in the 17th as he let fly with his left foot from 25 yards and further Frome pressure led to a frenzied period in the 20th as the Paulton defenders blocked several fierce drives from George Miller, Davies and Rob Hobbs, with the last deflecting for a corner. It was all Frome at this stage, with most play in the Paulton half and it took 30 minutes for Paulton’s first chance to arrive as Nuno Felix headed a free kick over the bar, but the visitors looked comfortable enough defending in depth and with Frome not really carving out any more meaningful chances, the first half ended with the home crowd looking forward to the second and expecting that sooner or later, the pressure would be converted into goals. However, they were to be disappointed and for some reason, Frome just never got going in the second half and looked a pale imitation of the side that had dominated the first half. They seemed to lose all width and passing ability and reverted to hitting long balls up to Mitchell Page who battled valiantly, but was always surrounded by two or three defenders. Paulton seemed unable to believe their luck at how much possession and territory they were being allowed, and Brown made a good low save from Jake Mawford in the 51st as the striker hit a snapshot from just outside the box and he had to be alert to save a Tom Knighton header from a free kick at the far post two minutes later. A poor defensive clearance by a Frome defender gave Paulton another chance in the 56th as Jordan Ricketts again brought a low save from Brown, and a 30 yarder from Steve Williams thudded into the body of Brown in the 66th as Frome seemed incapable of mounting a serious attack at this stage. By this stage, manager Nick Bunyard was despairing at how Frome were playing and made a triple substitution with Jake Jackson, Steve Hulbert and Mike Bryant replacing Jon Davies, Rob Hobbs and Dan Cleverley, but Paulton again had the chance to win it as Mawford got on the end of a Mario Matteus cross only to again head straight at Brown. As the clock ticked down, this match seemed destined to be a 0-0 draw or a Paulton win, but Frome’s Jackson had other ideas and in the 89th minute, he won a tussle with Steve Williams on the left wing, cut in and went round Ben John before pulling the ball back to George Miller who slotted the ball home easily from six yards, only to collapse holding his head as he seemed to catch an elbow from the goalkeeper as he turned to celebrate.  Despite the protests of the home crowd, the officials saw nothing and Miller was able to continue after treatment and with no other chances, Frome took all three points, made themselves almost certainly safe from the drop and made  Paulton almost certain candidates for one of the relegation slots. This match means that Frome have now lost just once in thirteen matches. Connor Roberts was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match Award by match sponsors H&B Tyres. Frome Town Paulton Rovers Officials A Matthews C Simpson T Blanch Match Sponsor H&B Tyres Ball Sponsor Time is Precious Programme Sponsor xx