Frome Town Poole Town Officials Matt Evra Gordon Kiy Shaun Tobin Match Sponsor Bo Vincent Ball Sponsor Damon Hootch Saturday December 26th  2015 Poole Town Home Saturday 26th  December 2015 Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division Frome Town 0 Poole Town 0 Frome Scorers: None Poole Scorers: None Crowd: 354 Star Man: Darren Chitty Entertainment Value: 4/5 A combination of Darren Chitty’s brilliance, the Yule time woodwork and sheer, dogged determination enabled Frome Town to end a losing sequence against league leaders Poole Town with a hard fought 0-0 draw that entertained the crowd right to the final whistle. Frome’s squad had a slightly depleted look about it, and with two central defenders having departed during the week and Jordy Nkunga unavailable, Connor Roberts and Marcus Mapstone started together for the first time at the centre of defence, and on a surprisingly firm pitch with a stiff wind blowing, the home supporters were perhaps a little apprehensive. After an even scrappy start, Poole went close in the 10th minute as a ball was pulled back from the right and a clipped shot from Jack Dickson sailed over the defence, hit the crossbar and bounced down invitingly for Lee Wort to blast home from close range, but Chitty produced the first of his Christmas miracles as he somehow managed to save from point blank range. Frome had occasional forays into the Poole half, but on the whole, Poole were starting to spread the ball about with some intent now, and they nearly broke through in the 17th minute as Roberts mistimed the ball, but the young defender did incredibly well to get back and produce a perfectly timed slide tackle that could so easily have produced a penalty and red card if the timing had been slightly wrong. Although Poole were having the better of the half, Frome had their moments and the 25th minute a Jon Davies corner found its way through a crowded 6 yard box and so surprised Sam Teale that he only poked at the ball, where a full blooded swing at it would have inevitably have taken it over the line. Frome were finding that Poole’s defence were uncompromising in their efforts to get the ball when not in possession, and the end of the second half saw a few yellow cards, free kicks and corners for Frome, but the delivery was never quite right and it was Poole who very nearly took the lead in the 38th minute as a Poole attack saw the ball come back off the base of the far post only for Lee Wort to slide in and put the ball wide from around six yards out. At half time, the general feeling was that if Poole scored, then they would probably go on to win the match, and the first quarter hour saw the visitors camped in the Frome half and with Frome’s nemesis Steve Devlin coming on at the end of this period, the home fans were already looking at their watches. However, the home defence looked solid and organised, and with Chitty tidying up behind them, Poole were struggling to find a key to unlock the fortress in front of them, and indeed it could easily have been Frome that took the lead as a Davies right wing cross found Rob Hobbs in space but his header cleared the bar from about six yards out. After Liam Monelle was flattened on the turn by Poole’s Will Spetch, provoking a small (unpunished) melee, Frome were getting plenty of free kicks in dangerous positions again, and with Davies rising to challenge and going on runs that only he can do, there was always hope of a winner, but it was gong to take a moment of rare quality to produce it. Chitty again saved well in the 78th minute at his near post and Davies produced a moment of breathtaking skill to beat three defenders but the ball just went away from him, and once again Chitty was called on at the near post as Poole went for the late winner. As the minutes ticked away, Frome were starting to play the ball about in the opponenets half and though the tactic was working well, in the second minute of injury time, a shuddering tackle on Jake Jackson led to a one man Poole attack and as the shot went across the face of the goal, everybody knew it was going just inside the far post, until another Christmas miracle saw it hit the base of the far post and bounce back across the face of the goal into the grateful arms of Chitty.                  Darren Chitty was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match Award by Bo Vincent who had sponsored the match, and the players were applauded off the pitch at the end. Programme Sponsor Sally Lacey and Si Harding