Wednesday March 16th  2016 St Neots Town Home Wednesday 16th March 2016 Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division Frome Town 3 St Neots 2 Frome Scorers: Hobbs 45, Page 50 Teale 85 St Neots  Scorers: Ward 64, Gordon 69 Crowd: 123 Star Man: Mitchell Page Entertainment Value: 4/5 Frome Town made it a club record four Southern Premier wins in succession with a thoroughly entertaining 3-2 win against St Neots Town, though the crowd were left to bite their finger nails as St Neots came back from 2-0 down to level at 2-2, but just as it looked as if it would finish all square, a Sam Teale header gained all three points for the hosts. Frome included new signing (from Yate Town) Mike Bryant at number eight, and with Jon Davies returning at number seven, Kris Miller reverted to right back, and on a cold, fairly windy night on a dry pitch, the match started at pace and held the promise of a good contest. The opening exchanges were fast and even, but as it settled, Frome started to move into the driving seat and the first chance arrived in the 11th as Jon Davies set MItchell Page free and his cross found debutant Bryant lurking in the  pernalty area and he was only denied by a point blank save from Alex Archer in the visitors goal. Frome continued to press, with most of the attacks stemming from the right where Davies, Miller and Page were combining well to set up crossing opportunities for each other, and in the 20th a period of sustained Frome pressure brought four successive defensive blocks as Frome forwards were shooting on sight. Darren Jefferies was just foiled by Archer as he found space for a shot in the 25th and Teale volleyed just past the post as a Davies free kick was swung in wickedly in the 32nd, and with St Neots struggling to find a shooting opportunity at the other end, it seemed that the Frome pressure must tell sooner or later. Another classic move on the right produced a Davies swinging cross that perfectly picked out Rob Hobbs, though the swing of the ball took it slightly behind him and the header cleared the bar, but Hobbs was on hand to drive the ball home after Bryant had brought a good fingertip save from Archer and Jefferies had pulled the ball back. The 1-0 lead at half time was fully deserved by Frome, and most observers were of the opinion that it was the best half of football that they had seen Frome play all season, such was the confidence running through the side. Frome increased their lead three minutes after the break as Davies was fouled on the right wing by Brett Longdon, but he picked himself up and produce another wickedly curling free kick that was met by the head of Bryant at the far post, only for the ball to appear to get held up in a mass of bodies, but it did break free, Page was on hand to hammer the ball into the net from close range to give Frome a two goal cushion that they fully deserved. However, St Neots had other ideas and they decided to push up, play a high defensive line and work on the principle that through balls would tend to run through to their keeper due to the dry pitch and stiff wind, or that they would catch Frome forwards in offside positions. It was a dangerous gamble, but it worked and they pulled the score back to 2-1 in the 64th as Tom Ward volleyed a corner home from close range after Darren Chitty had been forced to make his first real save of the match to tip over a 20 yard lob shot. Frome seemed a little stunned by this goal, and St Neots carried on with their tactics and made the score 2-2 five minutes later as a ball across the penalty are found Remy Gordon on the left and he cut inside and shot low into the far corner from just inside the penalty area to level the scores. At this point, it was hard to see how Frome were going to get the winner and St Neots were fired up with their come back and looking the more dangerous of the two sides, however the winner did arrive in the 85th as Jake Jackson won a left wing corner, which then headed out a for a right wing corner. Davies took it and, as it swung in , captain Sam Teale timed his run and jump perfectly to arrive at the far post and head downwards into the goal to great celebrations. Frome showed their new found confidence to run the clock down in areas of pitch that St Neots could not threaten from, and after four minutes of injury time, the referee blew for time and a result that takes Frome six points clear of the relegation zone.     Mitchell Page was awarded his third  H&B Tyres Man of the Match Award  in a row, and it is a revelation how much work he now gets through as a lone front man constantly battling the close attentions of several defenders. Frome Town St Neots Officials J Durkin M Lillington P Davies Match Sponsor xxx Ball Sponsor xxx Programme Sponsor xxx