Frome Town Wells City Officials S Yianni S Fearnley C Scriven Match Sponsor xxx Ball Sponsor Barry White & Jackie Ridout Wednesday February 24th  2016 Wells City Home Wednesday 24th February 2016 Somerset Premier Cup 2nd Round Frome Town 1 Wells City 2 Frome Scorers: R Hulbert (78) Wells Scorers: Grist (57), Batchelor (75) Crowd: 98 Star Man: Rob Hobbs Entertainment Value: 3/5 With two goals in the second half and a performance that denied Frome any clear cut chances, Wells City deservedly progressed into the next round of the Somerset Premier Cup. With one eye on the two big relegation “six pointers” in the next few days, manager Nick Bunyard made seven changes from the team that had beaten Chippenham on Saturday, and this was a chance for Zayne Alime and Jake Sinclair to show their talents and also for Steve Hulbert to get an entire match under his belt as he comes back from injury. After the frosts and drying conditions of the last few days, the pitch was firm and fast, though it was showing a white frost in the second half as the temperature dropped below freezing. The first half was fast and open, with Frome probably looking the more dangerous of the two sides, but struggling to find a way to open up the Wells defence. Wells also looked capable with counter attacks, but neither side seemed to be able to find a way to test the opposing keeper. Ricky Hulbert produced a right wing cross in the 17th that evaded everyone, and in the 30th minute he tried to pull the ball back to Jake Jackson when a shot might have been the better option, and with a last ditch tackle in the 45th minute denying Wells, the match could be said to have been pretty even. Darren Chitty pulled off a brilliant first save of the night in the 57th minute as a he pushed a shot around the post for a corner, but as the corner was swung in, the ball bounced out of both hands and as it hit the deck, it went into the net from close range with the goal being credited to Mike Grist. Wells should have been 2-0 up a few minutes later as a flowing move across the face of the Frome area ended with a shot that just cleared the cross bar, but after Steve Hulbert had gone close for Frome with a deflected shot, they got the second in the 75th minute as another good move allowed James Batchelor to shoot past Chitty and give them a lead that they fully deserved. Frome pulled one back in the 78th minute as a Rob Hobbs free kick was swung in towards the top corner as Ricky Hulbert challenged William Justin, the ball broke free  and ended up going over the goal line from close range, with Hulbert claiming the last touch. With the temperature now well below freezing, Frome produced a late flurry of attacks that would have sent the game into an un-welcome period of extra time, but the Wells defence did well and with Justin having no real saves to make in match, a well organised and energetic performance sent them into the next round with a deserved win. Rob Hobbs was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match Award by Barry White and Jackie Ridout who had sponsored the match ball. Programme Sponsor Simon Harding & Sally Lacey