Saturday April 2nd  2016 Weymouth FC Away Saturday 2nd April  2016 Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division Weymouth 2 Frome Town 0 Frome Scorers: None Weymouth Scorers: Rigg (55), Thomson (89) Crowd: 561 Star Man: Chris McPhee Entertainment Value: 3/5 Two second half goals from George Rigg and Ben Thomson consigned Frome Town to a 2-0 defeat at play off chasing Weymouth, as they failed to score for the first time in fifteen league games. With Darren Chitty carrying an injury and Rob Brown unavailable, Frome were forced to start the match with captain and normal left back Sam Teale between the sticks. Chris Gregan took Teale’s place at left back and ex Weymouth stalwart Chris McPhee was made captain for the day and played alongside Marcus Mapstone in the heart of the defence. Weymouth fielded four ex-Robins in Dean Evans, Mark Cooper, Jordan Copp and Ben Thomson, and fate normally dictates that one or more of these will be involved in a match turning moment.  On a sunny Spring day and with a stiff wind blowing in Frome’s favour, the match kicked off with a 15 yard George MIller shot bringing a save from Weymouth’s player / manager Jason Matthews, though it took two attempts to get a proper hold on the ball. Wemouth immediately countered and a perfect cross from Mark Cooper found Ben Thomson in space and seemingly with an open goal that he somehow managed to miss and put the ball wide. After Marcus Mapstone had brought a regulation save from Matthews in the 4th minute, the frenetic pace of the match setlled down and a fine run on the left by Weymouth’s Jordan Copp took him free of the defence, but with two calling for the pull back he shot into the side netting. After a George Miller corner had beaten everyone and thudded against the crossbar, Sam Teale was called on to make his first real save of the match and did very well to deny Calvin Brooks with a point blank save in the 35th. With Jordan Walker replacing Chris Gregan in the 43rd due to an injury, the half finished tamely with neither side looking likely to score the crucial opening goal. After the re-start, Darren Jefferies tested Matthews with a low 25 yarder that the keeper had no problems with, and five minutes later Weymouth took the lead as George Rigg shot home from ten yards through a crowd of players with a big deflection giving Teale no chance. Jake Jackson had a chance to equalise almost immediately as he burst through, but his chipped shot over Matthews also cleared the bar and as Weymouth tended to make use of the wind in their favour, substitute Stewart Yetton had a golden chance in the 70th but he shot wide when through on goal and with only Teale to beat. Weymouth finished the stronger of the sides and Chris Shephard had a shot blcoked in the 73rd and shortly after, Teale did really well to save from Copp and Walker threw himself in to block the shot from the rebound, but Weymouth were not to be denied and in the  89th, Copp again did well on the left and this time pulled the ball back to Thomson who scored easily from 3 yards out and sealed the match. With other results going in their favour, Frome are now almost completely safe from relegation and safety will be confirmed if they win one more point from their remaining five games or if Paulton drop a single point from their last six games. Chris McPhee was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match Award. Frome Town Weymouth Officials W Bull R Ablitt C Hopkins Match Sponsor xx Ball Sponsor xx Programme Sponsor xx