Frome Town Banbury Officials M Underhay B Lee D Pelka Match Sponsor The Artisan Ball Sponsor Lilleys Cider Saturday 4th March 2017 Evo-Stik Southern Premier League Frome Town 1 Banbury Utd. 2 Frome Scorers: Green (69) Banbury Scorers: Johnson (2) McEachran (45+3) Crowd: 270 Star Man: Clayton Green Entertainment Value: 4/5 Banbury became the first side to win a league game at Frome since last September as they took a two goal lead just before the interval and defended doggedly for the entire second half as  Frome threw everything they had at the visitors for the entire second half, but could only find the one goal from Clayton Green. Frome were without the services of influential playmaker Jon Davies who suffered a knee injury during the win at Merthyr last week, and with Jake Jackson and James Fitzgibbon named as subs but both carrying knocks and with Kris MIller serving the second match of a two match suspension, the inevitable wear and tear of a long season was starting to show.    With the pitch having passed a 9 am inspection and looking very good half an hour before the match, unfortunately a twenty minute deluge just before kick off  made conditions very sticky underfoot, and those conditions played a big part in Banbury taking the lead after just two minutes as they worked the ball down the left and played it into the centre, Marcus Mapstone missed his interception allowing Ricky Johnson time and space to turn and score from twelve yards. With both sides struggling to adapt to the sticky conditions, Banbury again went close in the 15th as they broke from a corner and Jack Self brought a good save from Kyle Phillips diving to save low at the far post, and Frome had a an opportunity in the 22nd but George Miller hit the free kick over the bar from just outside the box. With neither side really getting a grip on the game, Banbury went close in the 38th as Immanualson Duku hit a twenty yard shot against the outside of the upright and they followed up with an attack that led to Phillips punching the ball well under pressure to clear the danger. Frome’s only real chance of the half arrived in the 45th minute as George Miller hit a low shot that Jack Harding did well to save low at the base of the post and he did even better to save again as Aiden Kirby was the first to the rebound looking for the equaliser. As always seems to be the way, Banbury then went straight down the other end to win a right wing corner, and as it was hit in low and hard, a deflection in the box set the ball up perfectly for Zac McEachran to hammer the ball home low and hard in the third minute of injury time to give the visitors a 2-0 lead. Judging by the look on Josh Jeffries face as he walked round early to be in the changing room before the players arrived, there were probably a few harsh words spoken at half time, and with Frome coming out early they had obviously had an effect as they were much, much better in the second half. Mike Bryant hit a shot into the side netting right from the re-start, Aiden KIrby went close three minutes later and with a Sam Teale header hitting the bar and  a Bryant header just wide, the home fans were starting to sense that a revival was on the cards. Continuous probing attacks on the right saw Kirby and Bryant again head over the bar, and with the visiting keeper getting a yellow card for time wasting in the 55th, Frome looked like getting back into this game and the goal duly arrived in the 69th minute as Clayton Green rose to head a George Miller near post corner into the top corner of the goal to make the score 2-1. Frome continued to press, but Banbury looked dangerous on the break and winger Ollie Knight make a great saving tackle in the 66th as McEachran threatened to break through, but these raids were sporadic relief for Banbury and Frome again went close as Jack Westbrook almost headed a Miller corner into his own goal. A superb lofted chip from Jordan Walker ( who was by now playing as a right winger ) found Bryant through on goal and his firm diving header seemed destined for the goal until Harding produced a great save to tip it round the post By now the conditions had taken their toll and both sides looked exhausted, and despite Frome attacking right to the final whistle, they couldn’t find a way past the Banbury defence and though a draw was probably the fairest result, Banbury took their chances when they arrived and defended well. Goal scorer Clayton Green was was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match Award by representatives of The Artisan Pub and it was a fitting tribute to a player who is a key player in the  engine that drives the Frome midfield every week.