Frome Town Evesham Officials Simon Shaw Darren Gay James Jarad Match Sponsor Happy Landings Animal Shelter Ball Sponsor Mark Baber Wednesday 2nd November 2016 FA Trophy 1st Q Round Replay Frome Town 1 Evesham Utd. 0 Frome Scorers: Davies (63) Evesham Scorers: None Crowd: 152 Star Man: Connor Roberts Entertainment Value: 4/5 This was a well contested, fast open match with little to separate the sides until Jon Davies won it for Frome with a touch of class on the hour and the goal takes Frome into the next round of the Fa Trophy, yet another away tie a few miles away from Wembley Stadium. Frome shuffled their squad again due to injuries, with Sam Teale starting at the centre of defence, George Miller coming back into the team and Aiden Kirby starting in place of Jake Jackson who took his place on the bench due to injury. On a cold, still night and excellent pitch, the match started at a pace that was going to last to the end, and both sides were playing fast, open, attractive passing football, but neither could carve out an opening to test the goal keepers. Kyle Phillips was the first keeper to be brought into the action in the 16th minute as he dealt with a dipping volley from Nick Stanley at the second attempt, and eight minutes later, a period of Frome pressure led to a well struck drive from Kris Miller sailing past the far post. Frome had a big penalty shout in the 27th minute as Darren Jefferies appeared to be tripped as he burst into the box, but nothing was given, and Jon Davies went very close a few minutes later as he bravely hit a shot that struck the base of the post before rebounding to safety. At the other end, Evesham carved out a couple of chances which Phillips dealt with with no problem, and Frome probably finished the stronger as Connor Roberts hammered a volley into a defender and  the impressive Davies again burst through and shot just wide on the stroke of half time. Frome started the second half brightly as Sam Teale headed a Davies free kick just wide of the far post and Mitchell Page produced a carbon copy header a few minutes later as he got to an inswinging Davies corner, then Evesham had a period of pressure that saw four or five shots blocked by defenders. The breakthrough goal arrived in the 63rd minute as George Miller produced a lovely ball out to Davies on the right, and as he took on his man, burst into the box and hit a low shot with such venom that Kevin Sawyer could only get a hand to it and parry the ball up into the roof of the net to give Frome the lead. Frome really should have doubled their lead in the 75th as a Davies corner found the head of the unmarked Mitchell Page, but somehow he managed to steer his header wide of the post from a position just inside the six yard box, and with George Miller and Connor Roberts both having shots that grazed the post, Frome were looking good for the win until the second minute of injury time when an Evesham attack resulted in the ball going over the Frome line, only for the goal to be ruled out for a foul on Phillips. It was a good game to watch and just about the right result, and a mention to the officials who showed that it is possible to have good competitive, physical games without a shower of yellow and red cards. Connor Roberts was awarded his second  H&B Tyres Man of the Match award in a row and the the award was chosen and made by representatives of the Happy Landings Animal Shelter Charity that had sponsored the match.