Frome Town Hitchin Officials P Staynings A Hobbs J Welsh Match Sponsor Bill & Peggy Collinson Ball Sponsor Howden’s Joinery Saturday 15th October 2016 Evo-Stik Southern Premier League Frome Town 1 Hitchin Town 1 Frome Scorers: Summers (25) Hitchin Scorers: Smith (90) Crowd: 201 Star Man: Kyle Phillips Entertainment Value: 4/5 Leading at half time following a goal from centre half Nathan Summers, Frome defended well against a Hitchin Town side who finally got their deserved equaliser in the 90th minute with a goal from right back Kane Smith. Following on from Wednesday’s win over Cinderford, Mitchell Page was stll feeling the effects of the ankle injury he sustained in that match and his place was taken by Aiden Kirby, and Clayton Green started at lft back with Chris Gregan on the bench. The match started evenly with both sides settling to their task well, and the first half chance arrived in the 5th minute as Corby Moore finished off a period of possession with a low shot into the arms of Mike Johnson in the HItchin goal, and three minutes later Hitchin had the ball in the net only for it to be disallowed for barge in the back of Kyle Phillips as he went up to claim a cross. Frome looked the more pro-active of the sides early on with right back Connor Roberts overlapping and causing problems on the right, and following a corner from one of these raids, Frome took the lead as centre half Nathan Summers rose well to head home an in-swinging Jon Davies from six yards out. Phillips had to be very alert and agile three minutes later as he tipped over an opportunist dipping volley from fully forty yards as Ben Walster tried his luck with great effect, and as HItchin started to pressurise the Frome defence, Frome looked dangerous on the counter with HItchin defenders Walster and Dan Webb both getting yellow cards for professional fouls aimed at halting the danger. Phillips again did well in the 38th as Green mistimed an interception, allowing Brett Donnelley a clean run on goal, with the Frome keeper standing tall and anticipating the chip over him that allowed him to make a relatively easy save.      The first quarter of the second half was a fairly even, physical midfield battle that neither side could dominate, but as the time ticked away, HItchin probably started to win more territory and possession, with eventual goal scorer Smith starting to cause problems as he overlapped and ran at the Frome defence with power and pace. Davies set up a shooting opportunity for Kirby as he cut in from the right, but the hard working centre forward just missed his kick, and five minute later, the impressive Smith hit the outside of the Frome far post with a 25 yard shot after another threatening run. Summers had a chance to increase the From lead in the 72nd but he headed another Davies corner just wide of the post and then Hitchin’s Matt Lench fluffed his shot into Phillips as the low cross from Smith skidded across the grass in the teeming rain. Frome had a chance in the 85th as a move involving George MIller and Jake Jackson finished with Corby Moore side footing onto the outside of the post, but eventually Hitchin got their equaliser in the 90th minute when the impressive Smith let fly with a left volley from twenty five yards that took a deflection into the top corner giving Phillips no chance. In the five minutes of injury time, despite some frenzied defending, Frome went closest to winning it as Darren Jefferies almost burst through following a sweeping counter attack as Hitchin threw everyone for a corner, but in the final analysis, the draw was a fair result on the day.  Goalkeeper Kyle Phillips was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match award by match sponsors Bill and Peggy Collinson, and his saves definitely contributed to the sharing of the points.