Frome Town Leamington Officials D Wootton S McNaught T Staten Match Sponsor Calas Security Services Ball Sponsor Daniella Allfree Charlotte Wood Saturday 10th December 2016 Evo-Stik Southern Premier League Frome Town 0 Leamington 0 Frome Scorers: None  Leamington Scorers: None Crowd: 219 Star Man: Ollie Knight Entertainment Value: 4/5 After their win at second placed Slough last Saturday, Frome Town produced another excellent performance to hold league leaders Leamington to a 0-0 draw at the Special Effects Stadium, and though short on goals, this was a well balanced match two good, disciplined sides. Frome were missing the services of Mitchell Page, Aiden Kirby, Darren Jefferies, Jordan Walker and Dan Cleverley, but they were able to name the same side that had started at Slough, and with DEan Griffiths taking his place on the bench they had an attacking option to bring on later in the match. On a mild, damp day that threatened more rain, the match against the league leaders started in a very even, non eventful fashion that Frome fashion the first chance as George Miller volleyed over from range after a corner, and Frome were definitely having an equal share of this match and Leamington’s Tony Breedon was the first goal keeper called into action as he had to be sharp to save from Ollie Knight at his near post in the 16th. Frome almost carved out an opening through Mike Bryant after a Leamington clearance rebounded into his path, and then Leamingto brough their first regulation save from Kyle Phillips as he plucked a free kick from under his cross bar, the kick having been taken by the powerful boot of goalkeeper Breedon from a position well inside his own half.  Phillips brought off a good low save from Ahmed Obeng in the 29th as the tricky winger toe poke a throw in towards goal and Obeng was going to prove dangerous all match with his pace and trickery, giving Kris Miller a good test. The match settled into a pattern with the Frome central pairing of Marcus Mapstone and Connor Roberts dealing well the the aerial threat, Sam Teale and Kris MIller looking after the wings and with Clayton Green and George Miller slotting in in front of the back four, Leamington were finding it hard to create any chances. Jake Jackson and Jon Davies  combined well in the 36th to very nearly carve out an opening and with Jackson going just wide with a shot from the edge of the box a minute later, Frome were probably just shading this match at half time, though there wasn’t a lot in it. The second half saw the rain set in with a vengeance and despite both sides upping the pace, neither could find a way through some very well marshalled defences and every player on the pitch looked capable and well aware of his responsibilities. Frome had a big chance to open the scoring in the 63rd as Ollie Kight chipped a ball to the far post where Jake Jackson hit his shot just over the bar, but apart from that chances were few and far between, though it wasn’t because of a lack of effort from both sides. Leamington carved out a chance in the 78th as Courtney Baker-Richardson found space on the right then pulled back a good ball for Richard Gregory to hammer the ball over the bar, and right at the end Kyle Phillips brought off an excellent save to deny Baker-Richardson as the visitors threatened to snatch the game, but the linesman’s flag was also up for offiside, and it would have been an injustice if Frome had lost this match. Ollie Knight was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match by match sponsors Calas Security Services for an impressive performance on the left of midfield and the youngster is proving to be an impressive addition with his pace and trickery on the wing.