Frome Town Kings Lynn Officials P Burnham R Pace M Harmer Match Sponsor xxx Ball Sponsor xxx Saturday 26th August 2017 Evo-Stik Southern Premier League Kings Lynn Town 0 Frome Town 0 Frome Scorers: None Kings Lynn Scorers: None Crowd: 948 Star Man: Chas Hemmings Entertainment Value: 4/5 In front of a crowd of 948 and after a 5 hour journey, Frome Town produced an excellent defensive performance at King’s Lynn Town to earn a creditable 0-0 draw and put an end to the the Linnet’s 100% record this season. With George Miller coming back into the side, Ollie Knight dropped to the subs bench and Mitchell Page (still regaining match fitness after knee surgery) took his place on the bench after his impressive 20 minutes against Biggleswade. A lively start to the match saw Joe Raynes bring a regulation save from Alex Street in the Lynnet’s goal, then at the other end the lively MIchael Clunan brought a slightly more difficult save from Kyle Phillips and as the match progressed, Kings Lynn started to move into the driving seat, with Leon Mettam being flagged offside twice in two minutes as Frome played a slightly risky offside trap. Phillips had to be very alert in the 25th to save from Cameron Norman, and then in the 28th, Frome were forced to bring on Rob Hobbs in place of captain Sam Teale who seemed to have sustained a nose injury, and if it is indeed broken, he would have emulated goalkeeper Carl Crabtree who broke his nose here last year whilst saving a point blank shot with his face! Chas Hemmings moved into Teale’s position at centre back and Hobbs took the place of Hemmings, playing in front of the back four. A missed header in midfield led to the lively Mettam breaking clean through on goal but then just pulling his shot wide, and with Hemmings just managing to block a shot from the edge of the box and Joe Raynes clearing it for a corner, Frome were starting to feel the effects of the Kings Lynn pressure. However, the well organised defence did their job well and despite Kings Lynn going close on a number of occasions, Frome were also starting to show at the other end as a great cross from Jon Davies just went begging and Raynes created a half chance just before the break to keep the home defence honest. The second half started in the same vein as the first had ended with Phillips making a great save from Mettam (who now seemed to be looking for a penalty at every opportunity), but Frome were the first to hit the woodwork as a header from Hemmings following a Davies free kick hit the base of a post and was scrambled clear. As the match progressed, Frome started to carve out half chances with Jake Jackson hitting a shot on the turn over the bar, but at the other end Ryan Hawkins hit a shot wide from the edge of the area as Kings Lynn continued to cause problems. As the match moved towards the final whistle, chances were coming to both sides as Marcus Mapstone headed a cross from Olie Knight over the bar and Mitchell Page went close as he headed a Davies cross just wide in the 84th, but with Clunan hitting a shot into the side netting, in the final analysis, both teams would probably have settled for the point rather than seeing the opposition snatch a late winner.   Frome’s attentions now turn to the visit of Tiverton Town on Bank Holiday Monday and will be seeking end a run of two successive defeats at the Special Effect Stadium, and then on Saturday 2nd September, Frome have been drawn at home to the unbeaten AFC Totton in the FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round. Chas Hemmings  was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match, and his impressive display at centre half bodes well for Frome who are a little short of cover in that important position.